Sponsorship and Corporate Hospitality Assistant
Sydney, New South Wales
Sponsorship and Corporate Hospitality Assistant - Internship (Minimum 2 x days full time) Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2012:
Staged on the spectacular Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi is one of Sydney’s most popular events, with 500,000 visitors viewing over 100 sculptures by artists from around the world. Held since 1997, this free to the public exhibition captures the imagination of Sydney and its visitors for 3 weeks each spring and is established as the largest annual sculpture exhibition in the world.
As we fast approach the next Bondi exhibition (October 18th - November 4th), the team is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive intern to work a minimum of 2 days a week at their busy exhibition office in Surry Hills. We are keen to find a candidate to join this fast-paced not-for-profit arts environment with the view to becoming a full time paid contract for the right person.
Reporting to the Sponsorship Manager, the successful candidate will have a dynamic role with exposure to many areas of the organisation.
The first phase of the role will initially will be supporting the development of new sponsorships. This will include, proactive research, brainstorming, idea creation, writing and supporting the Sponsorship Manager with proposals and updating status reports.
Additionally, you will also be supporting the planning and coordination of event logistics for our busy event schedule for up to 40 events including our Exhibition Opening Party, high profile sponsor events and private patron functions.
You will be:
• Keen to learn, adaptable and forward thinking and able to manage a varied and busy workload
• Friendly, enthusiastic and excited to join our team
• Willing to work long hours during the exhibition period and be part of a large team
• Have a passion for the arts and not-for profit and keen to develop their position in sponsorship and event management
• Eager to learn and help source, support development of great sponsorships for Sculpture by the Sea
• Professional and be able to sustain and build relationships with internal and external suppliers, sponsors, patrons and staff for sponsorship, event planning and hospitality functions
• Work closely with other Sculpture by the Sea staff, our caterers, beverage sponsors, restaurant partners, and audiovisual suppliers to deliver high quality, smoothly run events
• Support administration for all events and manage RSVP’s and guest lists
• Assist with all hire equipment and event materials including working with event runners during exhibition time
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, writing and proof reading skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
• Proactive and keen to learn
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
• At least 1 year experience coordinating events in a busy office environment.
• Essential skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and mail merges; email and web searches, you must hold a valid and current Driver’s License
• Desired skills: Experience with database systems, knowledge of design packages, and social media implementation
We are ideally looking for someone who can start immediately.
Please email your CV with a short summary of your suitability for the position to Hayley Baynard, Sponsorship Manger: [..]
Closing date: Friday 17th May, 2012
This job is now expired.