Sponsorship, Philantrophy and Corporate Hospitality intern
Sydney, New South Wales
Staged on the spectacular Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk, Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi is one of Sydney’s most popular events, with 500,000 visitors viewing over 100 sculptures by artists from around the world. Held since 1997, this free to the public exhibition captures the imagination of Sydney and its visitors for 3 weeks each spring and is established as the largest annual sculpture exhibition in the world.
As we fast approach the next Bondi exhibition (October 18th - November 4th), the team is looking for an enthusiastic and proactive intern to work a minimum of 2 days a week at their busy exhibition office in Surry Hills to assist our Sponsorship, Philantrophy and Corporate Hospitality team.
• You will be supporting the development of new sponsorships. This will include proactive research and supporting idea generation.
• Support of the sponsorship team in delivery if benefits to our sponsors, e.g. Invitation mail outs, sending out catalogues, ect.
• Support of the Philanthropy manager with day to day administration for functions
• Additionally, you will also be supporting the planning and coordination of event logistics for our corporate hospitality program.
• Administrative support of the Sponsorship, Philanthropy and Corporate Hospitality departments as requested.
This is initially a 3 month placement (starting ASAP), with the opportunity to work on site during our Bondi exhibition.
You will be:
• Keen to learn, adaptable and forward thinking and able to manage a varied and busy workload
• Friendly, enthusiastic and excited to join our team
• Have a passion for the arts and not-for profit and keen to develop their position in sponsorship and event management
• Eager to learn and help source, support development of great sponsorships for Sculpture by the Sea
• Work closely with other Sculpture by the Sea staff, our caterers, beverage sponsors, restaurant partners, and audiovisual suppliers to deliver high quality, smoothly run events
• Support administration for all events and manage RSVP’s and guest lists
• Assist with all hire equipment and event materials including working with event runners during exhibition time
Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, writing and proof reading skills
• Excellent administrative skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
• Proactive and keen to learn
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
• Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
• Bachelor degree otr currently studying in a related field
•Essential skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and mail merges; email and web searches, you must hold a valid and current Driver’s License
•Desired skills: Experience with database systems, knowledge of design packages, and social media implementation
Minimum 2 days/ week, preferably Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
We are ideally looking for someone who can start immediately.
Please email your CV with a short summary of your suitability for the position to:
Manon Pietra, Sponsorship Assistant: Manonatsculpturebythesea.com
This job is now expired.