Darwin, Northern Territory
ABC Resources NT is seeking a Senior Editor for a 12 month contract to operate editing equipment for news programs.
On a day to day basis you will be required to:
- Operate editing and broadcast equipment to meet news and current affairs program requirements
- Media management and coordination of digital material
- Delivery of specified Learning and Development activities.
- Identify and Report faults as soon as practicable and ensure equipment is operating to technical broadcast standards.
- Participate in planning and staff meetings.
- Ensure a safe workplace through the identification and removal of potential Work, Health & Safety hazards.
- Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work, Health & Safety.
1) Highly advanced operational experience as a non-linear Editor in a Television Digital Newsroom
2) Possess a high level editorial judgement and contribute significantly to the program
3) Ability to manage computer/ media data
4) Ability to train others
5) Customer focussed with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
6) An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work, Health & Safety
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position
12 Aug 2012 11:55pm Aus. Central Standard Time
This job is now expired.