Sculpture Sales Internship
Sydney, New South Wales
Sculpture by the Sea is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our Sculpture Sales staff for our Bondi exhibition, offering the candidate a high level of involvement in an exciting fast-paced atmosphere.
The candidate would become familiar with the workings of the sales department, its staff and exhibiting artists, and be privy to the planning and execution of staging a major public art event/exhibition, with this knowledge to be applied to the Bondi exhibition.
The position will allow the candidate to develop a broad understanding of the operations of a commercial art space. The candidate will work under the supervision of the Sculpture Sales Coordinator in the administration of the installation, de-installation and curatorial processes of the exhibition, alongside interaction with artists, clients and other stakeholders in a gallery environment, as a representative of Sculpture by the Sea. Key tasks would include assisting the Sculpture Sales Coordinator in making sales, communicating with artists and clients, arranging deliveries, packing and handling sculpture, and attending the preview of Sculpture Inside on the evening of Wednesday 17 October.
A minimum of two days a week in our Surry Hills office, and moving to 5 or 6 days a week on site in Bondi during the exhibition.
Essential skills and qualities include:
- Fluency in the English language
- Tertiary or similar qualifications in Arts Administration and/or related fields
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional organisational ability and attention to detail
- Good computer literacy (PC) and experience using MS Word and Excel
- Flexibility, maturity and ability to work independently and as part of a small team
- Full and mature commitment to honouring a timetable and given tasks
- Retail sales and/or gallery sales experience
- Keen interest in contemporary art
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
Desirable skills and qualities include:
- Knowledge of sculpture
- Computer layout skills
- Some experience using database management software
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Sophie Rayner, Sculpture Sales Coordinator; [..] by the closing date of 25th October.
This job is now expired.