The Editors is a boutique post house in Sydney with a focus on the
creative process of editing. While we specialize in TVCs and advertising
content, we are also passionate about short films, music videos, documentaries
and feature length films.
The Editors work with leading production companies and advertising
agencies based both in Australia and internationally. Situated on King Street Newtown,
we have a beautiful space where clients and staff alike can immerse themselves
in the craft of editing. The ideal candidate will not only meet the following
requirements but will also have the right attitude and demeanor to work with
our tight-knit team and share an interest in the culture and values of the
industry. Flexibility in terms of working hours is imperative to your success
within our company.
To work as an edit assistant for our company you must possess the
- prepping Avid projects for editors, including multicam
- making EDLs, vision and audio AAFs
- basic use of Photoshop to prepare and import graphics
- exporting, compressing and uploading Quicktimes for clients
- sourcing sound effects and music tracks
General Duties include:
- opening and closing the building, setting up edit suites for the day
- being aware of the daily edit schedule, able to assist on any job
- logging and tracking hard drives
- pro-actively communicating with producers and editors to ensure a
- taking initiative to source SFX, music, and graphics before being
- willingness to stay late or work weekends as required
- interest and aptitude in the art and craft of screen editing
- high levels of organisation and attention to detail
Experience in wrangling through DaVinci Resolve as well as wrangling
Red, Arri Alexa (ProRes), Canon 5D / 7D & GoPro footage would be an
advantage to your application but not critical.
This is a great opportunity to work in a creative, award winning
company. We look forward to finding someone who shares this outlook. Please
apply with your CV and cover letter as PDFs (word
documents will not be accepted).
Are you a skilled editor who is motivated, organised, creative and enjoy the challenge of working to tight deadlines? Then we’ve got the perfect gig for you!
At AV1, we create inspired work for a diverse range of corporate clients, from 2D animation to full edits for both internal display and live event productions. Our client base includes law firms, automotive, finance, telecommunications, IT, medical and much more.
You will work as part of a fun and collaborative team. You will be responsible for sourcing and editing footage, meeting project milestones on time and communicating with the producer to track progress.
This is a project role, paid hourly. Hours per week will vary.
You will have:
Great experience and an impressive portfolio
Strong technical background
Well rounded experience and skills
Understanding and familiarity with the corporate sector
Professional and proactive attitude
The ability to work autonomously and as a part of a collaborative team
Absolute attention to detail
Dedication to delivering high quality work on time
Excellent communication and people skills
Ability to understand and develop client briefings
Ability to offer up ideas and creative solutions
Experience with the following is essential:
We will provide:
Hourly rate commensurate with experience
State of the art equipment
An experienced project manager to support you in your role
Brand new office space in Waterloo
Great team and fun office environment