Rural Reporter, Local Radio
Toowoomba and South West QLD, Queensland
Local Radio's Rural Department has a vacancy for a highly motivated, multi skilled program maker to join our team of specialist rural reporters.
Working to the Executive Producer Rural, QLD you will have accomplished reporting and presentation skills and will present and produce rural and primary industry content for Radio and On-line on a daily basis. You will display experience in Rural Journalism and in depth understanding of rural and regional issues.
Based in Toowoomba QLD, this position requires the preparation and presentation of daily content for Rural Report and Country Hour as well as the production of regular feature material. The role involves travel to remote locations and requires reporting or presenting other program content for the Local Radio network. Working as part of a team, with the ability to work independently where required you will contribute to planning and participate in operational and administrative activities of the Toowoomba station.
1. Very good interpersonal and motivational skills, proven experience in radio with accomplished editorial skills and judgement.
2. Proven ability to develop, produce and present primary industry and rural content that is accessible and relevant to the ABC audience at an accomplished level. Demonstrated creative approach to program construction and delivery.
3. Sound knowledge of rural and regional issues affecting the Toowoomba region of QLD, along with Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture or Journalism and/or background experience in primary industry.
4. Proven capacity to initiate, research and conduct interviews and provide significant input into shaping program sound to build and maintain audiences and to meet specialist rural and regional audience requirements.
5. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Proven team player. Ability to work under limited supervision. Detailed knowledge of modern broadcast technology including digital editing and online content.
6. A positive contributor and active member of the rural team who, in addition to producing their own material, is willing to contribute to other outlets across the full range of ABC networks, and has an interest and ability to produce online content.
7. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety and their relevance to program making.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
This job is now expired.