Ruby on Rails / PHP Developer
Sydney, New South Wales
• Immediate start & 6 Month Contract ++
• Busy Retail Advertising Agency
• Fantastic Sydney CBD Location
Working with our technical director you will be working on a range of existing and new websites using a range of technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP. The successful applicant will use best practice coding, immutable passion for the cross platform development and show the persistence required to tackle intense problems.
Your work will involve taking pixel perfect HTML and creating websites, Facebook applications, backend web services likely of getting our client’s logo on award websites from around the globe. Your solution will integrate with our client’s backend systems to control stock levels, financial reporting, email marketing systems and loyalty programs.
The successful applicant will gain skills on providing turnkey solutions to clients by customising existing solutions.
The successful applicant will be able to add clients such as BIG W, Camera House, Optus, Coates Hire, ASICS (Australia, New Zealand and America), Just Cuts, Dymocks, Petbarn, Revlon, Emirates and Lasoo to their portfolio.
• Rapidly develop e-commerce websites using Ruby on Rails / PHP
• Consuming 3rd party APIs
• Batch importing, processing and outputting of data between different systems
• Coding valid XHTML1.1 / CSS2.1
• Explore opportunities using HTML5 and CSS3
• Coding efficient, practical SQL for complicated data structures and custom reports
• Produce and execute testing plans to ensure solutions are 100%
• Liaise with the design and technical lead about opportunities available online, especially within the e-commerce and/or experiential place
• Develop interactive web apps using jQuery
• Implementing development, staging, integration and production environments with version control and deployment scripts
• 1 year using Ruby on Rails
• 3+ years using PHP
This job is now expired.