Penguin Random House, the world's first truly global publishing company, is looking for a Publicist to join our Publicity team in Melbourne.
This is an opportunity to be part of a truly creative and collaborative environment at one of Australia's most dynamic publishers. You will have a passion for books and reading, and have a keen interest in, and superior knowledge of, Australian new and emerging media.
In this role you will develop, implement and manage PR campaigns for some of Australia's best-known authors incorporating integrated media strategies across a range of platforms.
The range of communications requirements is broad, including press releases and phone pitching, content marketing, and organising and managing author tours, events and appearances. This role calls for a clear thinker who can manage multiple projects and has exceptional communication and organisational skills.
The successful applicant will have TWO TO THREE YEARS EXPERIENCE as a publicist, preferably in the Arts and a strong understanding of print, broadcast and online media, both national and regional and \ experience in delivering high quality, targeted publicity campaigns.
Please note due to the high number of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet all required criteria will be contacted.
Here at Youfoodz, our mission is simple. We believe in freedom and we think people deserve more of it. We're an innovative fresh meal company and we're all about making a healthy lifestyle as easy and enjoyable as possible for our customers.
Because we're growing so fast, we're looking for another amazing Mid-weight to Senior Creative Designer to join the dream team at Youfoodz HQ on Brisbane's Northside in Virginia.
We are a customer focused company, our mission is to blow people away not only with our food but our branding, design, and overall customer experience. We invest in making things possible.
At Youfoodz we're busting our gut to bring talented people together. You'll get to work with a team that says yes to new ideas, a team that is about innovation. This will be a full time position with an immediate start for the right person that astounds us with their awesomeness.
Ideally, you're a creative genius with a killer portfolio who is: typography-obsessed, solution-focused, creatively-versatile, a bit of a foodie, a little bit filmy and very on-trend. You have great organisational and time management skills with the ability to multitask with efficiency. You'll also know how to collaborate with and motivate while hitting deadlines.
What You'll Do
Collaborating with the design team your day could be working on:
- Designing for online & print campaigns
- Website visual and experience design
- Product & packaging development
- Designing & building EDMs
- Product photography and video direction
- Point of sale, Trade shows and billboard design
- Print design & production
- Social media concepts and design
- Evolve and perfect the brand
- Assisting in food tasting & meal launches
- Pretty much any other creative works that are required
- Celebrate breaking records & smashing targets every month
What you'll bring
We are after a rare find and these are the essential skills we're looking for:
- Mad skills with Adobe Photoshop, Indesign & Illustrator CC on Mac OS
- Image retouching with ease
- UI/UX & ecommerce experience
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- Social media savviness
- Ridiculous attention to detail
- Knows how to lead & motivate a team
- Can empower as opposed to dictate action
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to work effectively & handle pressure when necessary
- Ability to take direction, adapt to situations & learn quickly
- Ability to find solutions & take initiative
Bonus Points for
- Copywriting prowess
- Animation and html5 wizardry
- UI & UX capabilities
- Photography skills
- Video shooting and editing skills
- Food styling and plating up
What You'll Get
We want the best so let's talk
- Work in a fun team of creative & innovative minds.
- Sun filled studio with the latest gear
- Food is everywhere (it's actually overwhelming)
- Employee Discount Program (never worry about dinner again)
We're a young, energetic crew at Youfoodz, our success to date is testament to the team we have and we definitely put 110% heart and soul into everything we do. We work hard (and sometimes play harder) and are looking for someone to join the fam who share our family values (aka solid work ethic, outgoing, passionate, team player, friendly and loves food)!
If you think you're our number one, we would love you to send through your Portfolio, CV and a cover letter explaining why we should want you to be the newest member of the dream team!
Extra points for creative delivery. Click 'Apply'
Dynamic, fast-paced design environment
Active print production involvement
Base Salary $80k + Super (plus
potential to earn additional income circa $15k - $20k)
Are you somebody
who can wear many hats and loves doing so?
client, a provider of a diverse range of Graphic Arts Services, successfully
manages a Hub within their largest client. The type of work
they produce for this household named company includes branding, corporate
communication, marketing collateral, advertising material and finished art. The
great majority of their projects are print based.
They are looking for a rare bird. Namely, an accomplished Creative Artworker who can also manage the print
production function whilst being the conduit between internal clients and
suppliers. There is no doubt that no two days will ever be the same and your
ability to successfully juggle a whole range of responsibilities is what will
make you jump out of bed in the morning! Most importantly, you will become an
important cog in a well-oiled machine and your skills will quickly add value.
Your ability to fit into the dynamics of a closely-knit group will be critical.
You will possess attention to detail, a great sense for design and typography,
advanced skills in all latest design programs (Indesign, Quark, Adobe
Photoshop, Illustrator) plus a minimum of 5 years experience in finished art and print production. This will have been
acquired in a busy, challenging print-based environment.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- correctly delivering artwork to producers;
- production management and liaison with internal clients, the contracted
printing company and other external suppliers;
- taking care of archiving, software and back-up systems;
- ensuring that all print projects run smoothly;
providing exceptional levels of customer service;
proactively identifying other graphic arts needs within the company;
keeping abreast of technology and how it may impact upon current and future
secure this enviable role, you will have a solid understanding of the normal
suite of design programmes, possess advanced communication skills and have a
desire to be the very best at what you do. Your recent experience will have
been acquired within an environment where you have been “all things to all
people” and people have become totally dependant upon what you do.
register your interest please email a brief resume to Mark Hulls of HULLS RECRUITING SERVICES at [..]
confidentiality of you interest is assured.