Sydney, New South Wales
ABC TV is seeking a promos producer for ABC News24 and ABC1 News & Current Affairs programs.
To formulate concepts for specific on-air promotions or broader promotional campaigns to meet the requirements of network programmers, and the Head of Marketing.
Write and produce weekly promotions within budget and on deadline that engage and inform the audience.
Monitor Promotions Campaigns for adherence to ABC charter, policies, distinct channel and promotions style.
On an ongoing basis source relevant background informatioin to enhance promotion content and strategy and use
audience research data in the development of promotions strategy and monitor effectiveness.
Liaise with Exec Producers and program Producers to ensure editorial accuracy.
Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
1. Proven extensive experience producing promos, in particular, for news and current affairs content.
2. Demonstrates a highly original, creative and sophisticated approach to using a range of advanced production techniques in the edit suite, studio directing, broadcast design and live-action shoots.
3. Ability to follow a brief and respond to creative feedback.
4. Plans and produces complex on-air promotions campaigns.
5. Strong scriptwriting abilities and mature editorial judgment
6. Possesses a thorough understanding of TV production technologies, techniques and capabilities, including Intermediate to advanced Final Cut Pro skills
7. Originates, develops and presents promo ideas to a level that attains superior recognition of the possibilities of the medium.
8. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria.
Closing Comments: There will be no reimbursement of relocation costs.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
14 Oct 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
This job is now expired.