Production and Marketing Coordinator - Urban Walkabout Sydney
Sydney, New South Wales
About Urban Walkabout:
Urban Walkabout is a well-established and growing publishing business that promotes outstanding labels & independent retailers, galleries, cafes & restaurants in urban villages using maps through print publications, web and mobile technologies. The business’ core focus is fashion, design, art, food and lifestyle.
Formed in 2006, Urban Walkabout has established itself in Sydney and Perth as the curator of city villages’ retail and lifestyle experiences - we feature outstanding shops, cafes, restaurants, galleries and local talent and package the information via an online directory as well as pocket size guides with cleverly designed maps to encourage individuals to go out and explore the city by foot, and meet along the way the local designers, artists, business owners and venues that give each village its unique and distinct character. We are very selective about the businesses we feature in our guides, producing a beautiful and high quality, designed product that we are very proud of.
The company is steadily growing, with the continual move into new locations and technologies. An exciting opportunity now exists for an enthusiastic and pro-active personality to join the Urban Walkabout Team.
Working across their print publications and online exposure, a role exists for an experienced and highly motivated Production and Marketing Coordinator to join the Urban Walkabout Team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the production management of the Urban Walkabout publications, liasing with new and existing clients to defined deadlines, and managing all online resources and social media.
This role is integral to the success of our many titles, and involves the day-to-day production, print scheduling, advertising coordination and marketing of the guides.
This role will include:
• Respond to general and daily company operational requests
• Provide high level company production assistance and service to clients
• Co-ordinate the compilation and filing of all Urban Walkabout’s guide content for delivery
• Proof read all guide material to maintain brand and delivery standards
• Manage the development and production of monthly newsletter content and delivery
• Update the content and manage delivery for Urban Walkabout’s social media presence on a weekly basis
• Manage the Urban Walkabout website content; delivery and catalogue, and liase with web development as required
• Company in-house graphic and editorial assistance as required
• Manage and maintain the Urban Walkabout filing system and client database
• Other duties as directed and agreed with Urban Walkabout management
You will ideally have:
• Production work experience at a professional level
• A sharp eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure to deadline
• An understanding and passion for the print industry and design
• A passionate and enthusiastic attitude
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Ability to both self-motivate and work as part of a team
• A strong interest within design and fashion
Key personal and technical attributes required for role:
• A focus on project management – being organised, efficient and able to balance many jobs
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and take control of production situations
• Ability to prioritise and multi task
• A mature approach, and excellent work ethic
• Sound Mac computer skills
• Sound Microsoft Office at an intermediate level, and some experience/skill with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat
• Solid communication skills
• Good documentation and administration skills
• Can work both autonomously and in a dynamic team environment
• Polite and friendly phone manner
This position would suit either a junior who has some experience in publishing and is looking to grow into the role, or an experienced production coordinator looking for an exciting new opportunity with fantastic and ongoing scope. It's a role with a lot of variety with the need to balance outcomes with differing expectations. Accuracy, attention to detail and a willingness to listen and learn from the outgoing Production and Marketing Coordinator and Managing Director in a team environment are essential skills.
What's on offer?
$55k negotiable based on experience plus super
Work type: Full time
Yearly remuneration reviews
Great company culture
Conducive working environment
If you feel this role suits your own professional direction and path, please do not hesitate to apply.
The application period will close 3pm Friday 2nd March. All applications received before 3pm will be considered.
Please contact Katrina Adams, Business Manager, via email [..] to register your interest.
This job is now expired.