Production Assistant- The Weather Channel
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia’s only 24-hour dedicated weather channel offers up-to-the-minute reports live throughout the day. The Weather Channel springs into action during periods of severe weather and supplies local weather on-demand by way of its world class interactive television service.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Production Assistant will work closely with the On-Air team of Producers, Presenters and Meteorologists.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment, have high attention to detail and must be available to work newsroom shifts.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate that you are:
• Extremely organised with the ability to juggle tasks;
• A self motivated team player with strong communication skills;
• Able to work under pressure in live and post produced production environments;
• Deadline driven and enthusiastic about making fantastic television;
• Savvy with technology;
• Experienced with Final Cut edit software;
• Interested in news, current affairs and weather.
General knowledge of the production process or experience in a similar role would be an advantage. This is a fabulous opportunity to gain valuable experience in live and pre-recorded news television environment.
To apply for this role, please send your updated resume and letter of introduction by the 1st of March 2012.
This job is now expired.