Product Developer (Buyer) - Mens
Sydney, New South Wales
As one of Australia's largest and most influential retailers, General Pants Co. exists to disrupt the average and bring together the best global trends and fashion to inspire young-blooded individuals.
We are looking for a dynamic, driven team player to join the GPG team as Product Developer - Menswear located in our Head Office @ 30-32 Beaconsfield Street, Beaconsfield.
If you're an experienced Product Developer/Buyer with 3+ years experience with a background in apparel retail and youth fashion, then this position in our General Pants Buying team could be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
The successful person will work closely with the General Pants Co. Buying Team to maximise product opportunities, design and build some of our existing brand portfolios and be directly accountability for developing and actioning portions of the buying strategy within the Menswear Buying department.
We're looking for the type of person who is known for being 'on top of it', with a commercial eye who understands the market and its competitors and who will get the most out of every opportunity. The successful candidate will have proven ability to design and range for our existing brands, source new opportunities for these brands and develop strong and effective relationships with our suppliers. Our culture is the heart and our soul of our business, we exist for the young blooded individuals out there. We are looking for someone to live and breathe the GPG way every day in every aspect as well as challenge the "norm" to ensure we stay at the front of being one of Australia's leading youth retailers.
Creativity, strong numeracy and analytical skills, a positive attitude and a track record of maximising category growth above and beyond what's expected are a must. The other specific responsibilities of this position include:
1. Support GPG and the Buying team to achieve agreed strategic priorities and objectives
2. Build the Seasonal Buying strategies for assigned categories to maximise profit and growth
3. Manage the department buying process to maximise commercial opportunities ("Trade the business")
4. Develop market and industry knowledge in self and department to proactively drive our competitive edge including building our existing and potentially new brand portfolios
5. Manage assigned categories to increase stock turns and achieve GMROI targets
6. Manage all existing relationships with factories and agents and where required source new manufacturers to ensure quality and lead time KPIs are met
7. Engage brands and/or suppliers in reviews and meetings to analyse brand and product performance within assigned categories
8. Develop and nurture internal relationships to promote awareness and delivery of outcomes and objectives across the business
9. Continue to develop own skills and knowledge in line with personal development needs
If this sounds exciting and you have the experience, check out the Position Description attached… and apply now!
This job is now expired.