Sydney, New South Wales
Are you a highly motivated, creative radio producer with experience putting together a dynamic, entertaining, fast-paced radio program?
Do you spend far too much time chasing up new music and sharing it with your friends? Are you keen to share that passion with a national audience of like-minded music and radio fans?
Ticking your boxes? Come and work with triple j on our Evenings Program.
Working with the program presenter, you'll be responsible for putting together a national, daily music-based program for our young, national audience.
• Work with the presenter and triple j music team to develop content, research music and pre-produce segments for the program.
• Organise and co-ordinate all content for the triple j evenings program including writing, mixing and editing all daily program elements.
• Provide in-studio production support for the on-air program, including managing guests and guiding the presenter.
• Manage audience interaction across phones, SMS, social media and online platforms.
• Maintain the program website and produce online and social media content on a daily basis.
• Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
1. Proven ability to produce a daily music/talk program, generate new ideas and produce creative and engaging content across platforms for a young audience.
2. Strong music knowledge across a variety of genres. A demonstrated ability to research and discover new music.
3. Well-developed communication skills and an ability to deal with large volumes of audience requests and enquiries across multiple platforms.
4. Good understanding of triple j's role and target audience, with a proven ability to develop ideas that work for a young audience.
5. Demonstrated interpersonal, motivational and communication skills with the ability to provide feedback to presenters.
6. Sound working knowledge and experience in operating digital broadcast systems and production equipment.
7. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety and their relevance to program making.
• All applications must include 15-minutes (max) of audio that demonstrates your experience in making radio. Applications without an audio submission will not be considered for the position (audio/mp3 files accepted up to 5MB).
• Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
• Applicants must address the selection criteria.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer. ?
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
4 Nov 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
This job is now expired.