Sydney, New South Wales
ABC Television requires an experienced mid/senior PHP Developer to play a critical role in the redesign and redevelopment of our Internet Broadcasting service. This 16 week contract role calls for an energetic, dynamic and collaborative team member with an ability to direct and advise on the implementation of back-end solutions, video streaming and security technologies and web standards. You have a strong user focus, and great communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and a genuine enthusiasm for emerging technology and pride in the quality of your work. The Developer will be part of the ABC TV Multiplatform team reporting to the Technical Lead, ABC iview and TV Multiplatform.
This is a contract position for an initial term of 16 weeks, for immediate start, with potential for the successful candidate to be engaged for a further term after the initial period.
1. Demonstrated high level experience with PHP development and use of MVC frameworks, especially Kohana, FuelPHP
2. Practical knowledge of optimising PHP web applications for high traffic environments.
3. Sound knowledge of MySQL database design and optimisation for high traffic. NOSQL (MongoDB) experience is a bonus.
4. Demonstrated experience with developing, testing and maintaining RESTful web APIs.
5. Effective communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a diverse development and publishing team.
6. Being able to work with a structured organised approach to development and technical project management with a commitment to meeting deadlines.
7. An understanding and commitment to the aims and objectives of the ABC and an awareness of ABC corporate policies, including Editorial, Equity & Diversity and OH&S and output activities.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should contact Bruce Collier (by email or phone), Technical Lead, ABC TV Multiplatform & iview, by 5pm Friday 26th October.
E: click apply button
P: 02 8333 3594
No agencies, thank you.
This job is now expired.