Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Hilltop Hoods, Havana Brown, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Boy & Bear, Kanye West, The Preatures, Matt Corby, Florence + The Machine and Tame Impala – just to name a few!
We have an incredibly exciting opportunity for an A&R Insight & Project Manager
to join us. Reporting to the Managing Director, Universal, this position is responsible for identifying and suggesting Australian artists for consideration by management via data research and traditional scouting. You will work closely with artists to assist A&R operational activities and also manage A&R administrative requirements.
The successful applicant will have strong online research skills and an understanding of big data, as well as an intense passion and ear for music!Key responsibilities:
Skills / experience required:
- Utilise data analytics and work closely with Commercial Insight team to identify and suggest trending artists for potential signing. Also scout artists through traditional methods including networking / contacts, attending shows / studio sessions, etc.
- Administrative and operational responsibilities for the creation and implementation of all Island / UMA releases; from travel coordination and organising recording activities through to activation of product manufacturing.
- Work with Artistic Director, Content Manager and Marketing on artwork, packaging, photo, video and digital content requirements.
- Source and build relationships with producers, songwriters, mixers, video directors, photographers and other relevant contacts.
- Maintain knowledge of local and overseas charts, trends, cycles and cultures to support A&R decision making.
- Provide administrative support, event and travel coordination for UMA Managing Directors as required.
- Genuine passion for music and understanding of A&R.
- Advanced online research skills and the ability to interpret data.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to work with artists and an understanding of the creative process.
- Superior administrative and organisational skills, the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
If the above sounds like you we would love to hear from you! Please follow the link to submit your application today.
*Please note that due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.