Happy Inspector develops mobile applications that replace pen and paper reliable workflows in the workplace.
We are a young dynamic team with a passion for making world class products. We have offices in San Francisco, CA and Adelaide (Australia).
At Happy Inspector, we live our values. We have an open and honest culture which promotes an entrepreneurial spirit. Our structure is flat to ensure that each of our team members are accountable and respectful of each other’s contributions. We understand everyone’s a little bit different, so it’s up to you how you make it your place to work.
- Lead design and be the brand ambassador throughout the organization
- Solve complex business problems by humanizing product ideas and developing these into elegant application designs
- Design of all marketing assets and creative, including but not limited to our website, emails, landing pages, printed collateral, presentations and display ads.
- UX/UI design for all software applications especially mobile and web
- Create pixel-perfect mocks and final graphical assets for new features
- Passion for crafting beautiful software and the capability to design products that are both obvious and a delight to use
- Have great attention to detail
- Partner with engineers, marketing and executives to oversee that the user experience is simple, straightforward, and elegant
- Be comfortable experimenting, accepting feedback and iterating on ideas
- Effective working in a collaborative, agile environment
- Ideate with all levels of Happy Inspector to create products that make customers around the world happy
- Strong portfolio of product design that has been built and shipped to users.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision.
- Proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details.
- Excellent communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions.
- An amazing portfolio that can be viewed online
- 4+ years of design experience
- Familiar with technical challenges on iOS and Android
- Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to build a simple web site or application from scratch)
- Academic background (BA) in graphic design, human-computer interaction, interaction design, or related field
- Dog friendly office
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited time off work
- Working from home certain days of the week
- Access to best gym in SF
- Stock options/Equity
- Working with people that want to make a difference
How to apply:
To apply for the position please do not send us your resume. We hate deleting it as much as you hate creating it.
Instead you can show us your creative flair and do the following:
- Send us a link to your portfolio! (You have one right???)
- Links to your LinkedIn, Twitter profile and/or personal website.
- Examples of companies you’ve work with and some details of work performed/success achieved.
- 3 examples of websites that you think are doing exciting work
- What you find interesting about Happy Inspector
- Why you think we should hire you.