Online Content Administrator
Sydney, New South Wales
ABC TV Multiplatform is looking for an Online Content Administrator to assist with the planning, delivery and publishing of video content, and audience support, for ABC iview and other ABC TV websites.
This position forms part of the Internet Broadcasting stream of the Multiplatform team within ABC TV. The Multiplatform team is focused on convergence television, internet protocol television, mobile technologies, online communities and marketing and promotional projects surrounding ABC TV programs.
• Under general supervision, prioritise and carry out the timely online publishing of video content destined for ABC iview and ABC TV Online.
• Ensure video and metadata is thoroughly checked, tested and conforms to ABC Editorial Policies and ABC TV Online production guidelines, including rights and classification requirements.
• Ensure audience feedback is provided in an accurate and timely manner via phone, email, social media channels and the iview message board, escalating issues to senior staff members as necessary.
• Assist with the promotion of content as required on the iview Homepage and social media sites.
• Work effectively with the Multiplatform team and the wider ABC Television program areas to facilitate effective workflows and relationships.
• Work effectively as a member of a small production team: build and maintain positive professional relationships with ABC TV production units to enhance output and facilitate efficient, audience-focused production.
• Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
1. Experience with technologies, tools and publishing techniques for website and graphics creation, online video delivery and interactive content, including FTP, content management systems, and broadcast management systems.
2. Experience with and the confidence to liaise with audience members, and assist with enquiries via phone, email, Facebook, Twitter and other feedback channels.
3. Demonstrable interest in television content and ABC TV output, an understanding in changing viewing patters and audience behaviours. An interest in Children's programming an advantage.
4. Sound organisational and problem-solving skills, and motivation to deliver content efficiently to deadline.
5. Awareness of current convergent media and IPTV developments and trends.
6. Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a small multidisciplinary team.
7. Knowledge and understanding of ABC output and corporate policies, including editorial policies and guidelines relevant to young audiences.
8. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
Closing Comments: There will be no reimbursement of relocation costs.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
Closing date: 2 Sep 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
This job is now expired.