- Do you live, eat and breathe digital/ social and fashion?
- Do you wake up and look at instagram and check your Tumblr religiously?
- Do you also fancy yourself as a copywriter or a wordsmith?
- Do you have the ability to take a brief and turn it into something that has talkability?
- Are you passionate about brands and building BIG ideas?
As one of Australia's largest and most influential high-street retailers, General Pants Co. exists to disrupt the average and Edit and Deliver global trends and fashion to inspire young-blooded individuals.
We are looking for a dynamic, talented and experienced Social Media Manager/ Copy Writer to join the GP Co. Marketing team located in our Head Office @ Unit 25, 30-32 Beaconsfield St, Alexandria NSW 2015
At General Pants Co, our hand feel and tonality is a core component of our marketing and connecting with our fashion forward consumers. For this very reason, the majority of our marketing and design is done in house. The role of Social Media Manager is to work with a dynamic team of creatives and visually and verbally bring General Pants stories to life across all our GP social channels.
This is a rare opportunity for a creative to make their mark by helping define the tonality of General Pants Co. Reporting to the General Manager, Marketing you will be an experienced writer or can show your experience through your writing with exceptional flair and creativity for being a great story teller.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate the willingness and propensity to work alone (self motivated) and to be part of a team to be able to accept and act on feedback and to continually be a fountain of new ideas to engage our audience. You must be someone who can work at pace to develop creative and innovative social media solutions for specific marketing challenges
Key areas of focus:
Strategy: Working with our buying department, marketing, online and PR teams, you will generate content and copy across each social media channel based on the brief. Using your knowledge of the digital and fashion world and how you tell a story that engages our core demographic. You will be responsible for generating hard data, results and insights and translating these findings into actionable recommendations for the business.
You will be measured on your ability to grow social traffic, engagement, reach and impact through proactive campaigns, creative copy and audience engagement across owned and social channels.
Content development and publishing: Working as a copy writer and story teller to meet business objectives and being able to inject tone of voice into content will be pivotal. You will also assist with creation and implementation of the social elements of wider digital/integrated marketing campaigns ie Xmas, Denim campaigns, etc. You don't wait to be briefed you leap what we could be doing next in your down time and present ideas whenever you can get the forum.
Moderation is be must, responding in a quick and timely manner, responding to comments in an engaging way and ensuring Social Media Guidelines are adhered to in order to foster positive communities and add value to each consumer’s experience.
Growth: You will play a leadership role in how we package our social media capabilities to third parties (we have 56 brands in our portfolio) and constantly seek out opportunities for new ideas for social activity.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Proven Written Skills
- Creative copywriting experience, quick wit and a great natural hand feel for tonality is a must
- Understand GP’s tonality
- A natural curiosity for all things that trend
- Finger on the pulse on what competitors and leaders in this area are doing
- Social Media skills across all channels including: Google +, Facebook, Tumblr, Youtube, Pinterest, Instagram
- Experience leading the social media strategy for a brand/ or product is a bonus
- Bullet proof understanding of why and how digital and social media marketing creates value for business.
- You understand business objectives and know how to translate them into social KPI’s.
- Ability to interpret data and use it to drive learnings and optimisation.
- Project Management and channel planning
- Ability to come up with ideas for different channels
- Ability to drive results through commercial outcomes and success
- The ability to work under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines on a weekly basis
- Enjoy selling your ideas into your team and manager
- And lastly you MUST LOVE FASHION
This is an exciting opportunity for a unique individual!