The UI/UX Designer will be part of the product team at ROKT, responsible for the design and development of beautiful and effective user experiences.
As ROKT is a global market leader in post-transaction solutions, ensuring a seamless and intuitive experience for all users is essential.
ROKT has several user groups including: consumers; Small to Medium Businesses (in self-service); large businesses and agencies managing major accounts (full-service); internal users including sales and operations & management; partners who use our technology on their digital environments.
This requires a UI/UX manager who is able to work across all of these user groups, understanding their needs and defining the best approach. Passionate about finding the most simple and effective solution across all digital platforms, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
ROKT’s partners are global leaders in e commerce, so our UI/UX needs to meet and exceed their high expectations.
Personally representative of the brand in all you do, create and say – start-up, self-starter, mature, leader, professional, passionate, trustworthy, solution focussed, over-achieving.Responsibilities:
- Keep all ROKT interfaces beautiful and easy to use. Direct the visual appearance of all new features and enhancements.
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for intuitive user-experiencesDesign elegant solutions to complex workflows.
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for intuitive user-experiences.
- Design elegant solutions to complex workflows.
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and defining solutions from a user-centered perspective.
- Act as “go to” with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices and standards. Use research-related services, theories and methods to support your recommendations.
- Take the initiative in providing input and feedback in both departmental discussions and on issues relating to other departments.
- Develop wireframes, behavioural specifications and personas.
- Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team. Collaborate with others and work well with developers and product management.
- Manage user testing/research to discover and implement important design details that people may not realize they need.
- Elicit constructive feedback and capable of interpreting that feedback into design solutions.
Desired skills and experience
- Able to integrate UX into Agile development practices.
- Entrepreneurship, Sense of Urgency: Candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self confidence to be assertive when taking a position, not afraid to make decisions.
- Work ethic: Candidate can reject setbacks and enthusiastically persists until ambitious goals are achieved. The successful candidate will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
- Communicative: Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his/her priorities, current tasks and work completed.
- Encourages constructive criticism of his or her work.
- Image and presence: Candidate will have significant exposure to customers and industry partners alike. As such, he or she must project the professional image of the company both internally and externally.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
- Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions.
- Customer Orientation: Candidate will demonstrate passionate commitment to the customer and to product quality. Champions the product and the customer's needs and implements a model of continuous improvement in both company goals and project-related tasks.
- Relevant undergraduate degree.
- 4 years+ of web and user application design experience – impressive examples of previous work.
- Extensive experience with: front-end design, interaction design, iOS design, Android design, experience with rapid prototyping tools (eg. Axure)