Midweight/ Senior Graphic Designer
Sydney, New South Wales
I am looking for a talented midweight/senior graphic designer with a minimum of 5 years experience to join our small, but busy design studio.
Who we are:
• Marlin exists to do good work for good causes.
• Marlin provides a specialist service – our clients are almost entirely Australian charities.
• Marlin is a full-service studio – we provide:
- Creative strategy
- Concept development and presentation (including developing creative outline/ rationale)
- Copywriting/ editing
- Design and layout (offline/ online), and
- Print/production (including project management) and project execution
• Marlin’s aim is to use creativity to help our clients achieve their missions. Our ideas often have to work hard – because of our clients restricted budgets.
• Marlin creates product identities, multi-channel marketing campaigns, direct marketing-based appeals, and of course communications such as annual reports, newsletters and flyers.
Who I am looking for:
I am looking for someone who can work within our team, take a project from start to finish, work to creative brief and consistently provide excellent work within tight deadlines.
I am seeking someone who can approach design from a conceptual point of view and explain how such design relates to the client’s project and how that design will achieve their business and communication objectives.
In particular, I need someone who has:
• Outstanding design and creative skills with an emphasis on layout and typography
• Enthusiasm for working with good causes, and maturity to meet the challenges of working within a resource-restricted setting
• A professional, yet personable, client manner (you will be dealing with clients frequently)
• A high level of proficiency in Adobe CS6 (especially Indesign) on a Mac platform
• A high level of printing and production knowledge
• A friendly disposition and sense of humour would be an advantage – we are a tight team
The salary package is $65,000-$75,000 pa (plus super) - I believe that excellent work should be rewarded and have a policy of paying on performance.
This position is genuinely unique, in the sense that you will be doing work that can really make a difference. You will work with clients that you can be sincerely passionate about and want to succeed.
This position will only suit someone who can demonstrate their passion for using their design skills for good.
If you believe that you would be suited to this position, I would love to receive your application. As this is an immediate start, NO CONSIDERATION will be made of any email without a PDF of your portfolio.
Please email your application to me (no larger than 8Mb thanks).
For more information about who we are, what we do, our clients and samples of work please visit our site.