The Opera House embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas. It is a masterpiece that belongs to all Australians. Our mission is two-fold:
- We will treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors;
- Everything we do will engage and inspire people through its excellence, ambition and breadth. We will strengthen our central role in Australia’s life and identity.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated mid-level .NET developer to assist with the development, testing, implementation and support of the Sydney Opera House website and other applications to create a beautiful web experience.
The majority of your time will be spent on day to day development requirements and projects scoped for the next 6 months.
If you enjoy developing websites, working in a small enthusiastic team, are passionate about developing quality code, and thrive in a busy environment then this role should interest you.KEY DUTIES
- Design, develop and implement web projects and applications
- Coding, building and testing to documented functional specifications
- Project management across all web development
- Customise current website and applications
- Consult with key stakeholders to provide solutions to their business requirements
- Collaborate with our information technology team, marketing team and external creative and development agencies to identify & refine user stories, prepare and estimate development tasks
- Work as part of a dynamic team through the Agile development process
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines while effectively managing priorities and communicating the progress
- Execute bug and performance testing
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar degree
- At least 3 years of experience within .Net technologies with Ektron or Sitecore experience preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrable experience as a .Net Developer in a Microsoft .NET Environment
Job Status: Temporary (up to 6 months) – Full Time Position No: SOH614
Salary: Daily rate of $345 plus superannuation
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agenciesHOW TO APPLY
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
- All applications MUST be submitted by clicking APPLY below
- Please submit a copy of an up-to-date resume which clearly details your skills and experience that are relevant to the role.
- Candidates must answer the selection criteria, as specified on the advertisement, by demonstrating how they meet each one. Please note that all applications are shortlisted based on these responses. As a guide, a response of 1-2 paragraphs per criterion is recommended.
Contact: Chris Daniels, Digital Marketing Manager
Applications Close; Monday 3rd November 2014