Want to work with Metro Screen: the home for
the emerging screen and media maker? Located in Paddington Sydney Metro Screen
provides production funding, courses, equipment, space and crew hire for film,
TV and digital content.
We're looking for the right person to lead
the organisation's graphic design needs by building its style and brand
strength with energy, efficiency and creativity. The chosen candidate will
update, develop and maintain Metro Screen's website and other online spaces to
allow greater usability and brand advancement. Reporting directly to the
Marketing Manager this position provides an interesting variety of tasks and
ample opportunity for innovation.
The position is for 2 days a week paid at
$50,000 pro rata plus superannuation.
There is a 6 month probation period.
• Create new pages and features on website.
• Design graphics for Metro Screen promotional materials including all online
sites, flyers, posters, online and print ads, email templates, blog and
newsletter in Campaign Monitor and other materials as they arise.
• Update content on both our main websites [..] via ISH.
• Design and deliver internal and external stationery including letterhead,
comp slips, envelopes, business cards, enrolment forms, programs, course
booklets, cover sheets, annual report and other items as they arise.
• Control the style guide and logo guide in liaison with Manager.
• Maintain and update a useful image library in liaison with Manager.
• Assist other activities related to the Marketing Department for Metro Screen.
• Graphic design skills and experience in both web and print environment with
• Proven website design and implementation skills.
• Sound knowledge of Wordpress, CSS and HTML, other Web development skills
• Experience working with Campaign Monitor and a Content Management System,
[ours is ISH with OnCourse].
• Understanding of brand awareness strategies.
• Experience in using: Adobe Suite including: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign,
Illustrator, plus experience with an FTP application.
• Experience in After Effects desirable.
Applications must include the
• Resume including three referees
• Covering letter
• Summary of work that addresses the selection criteria
• Examples of at least two urls of websites designed and implemented by the
• Three examples of graphic design work [as a pdf.]
Katrina Tucker, Marketing Manager
Metro Screen, PO Box 299 Paddington 2021, [..]
Deadline for applications: 05 January 2015
[NB: Preferred start date early February 2015].
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate the willingness and propensity to work alone (self motivated) and to be part of a team to be able to accept and act on feedback and to continually be a fountain of new ideas to engage our audience. You must be someone who can work at pace to develop creative and innovative social media solutions for specific marketing challenges
Key areas of focus:
Strategy: Working with our buying department, marketing, online and PR teams, you will generate content and copy across each social media channel based on the brief. Using your knowledge of the digital and fashion world and how you tell a story that engages our core demographic. You will be responsible for generating hard data, results and insights and translating these findings into actionable recommendations for the business.
Content development and publishing: Working as a copy writer and story teller to meet business objectives and being able to inject tone of voice into content will be pivotal. You will also assist with creation and implementation of the social elements of wider digital/integrated marketing campaigns ie Xmas, Denim campaigns, etc. You don't wait to be briefed you leap what we could be doing next in your down time and present ideas whenever you can get the forum.
The successful candidate must possess:
This is an exciting opportunity for a unique individual!