Junior Product Specialist
Are you passionate about a career in digital? Do you have experience working with website maintenance and/or content management systems (CMS)? Are you hungry for the chance to prove yourself in the challenging digital field?
The Kidspot group is looking for an ambitious Junior Product Specialist with 2-3 years’ experience in project/product management and/or website maintenance to join the Product team at Kidspot.com.au, Australia’s #1 parenting website, recently acquired by News Ltd. The ideal candidate will have a passion for software development and existing and emerging online technologies. We are looking for someone with excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills that has the confidence to work collaboratively with marketing, product, sales and editorial teams to achieve the best possible outcomes for the business.
In this highly challenging role you will have responsibility for the development, maintenance and day to day operation of our cutting edge platforms across web, mobile and social (including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, MailChimp and YouTube) for our 3 distinct brands: kidspot.com.au, birth.com.au and justbaustralia.com.au as well as our NZ sites. You will lead the "fix and maintain" work stream as well as new product development across the SheSpot portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity to work with both internal and external development teams to ensure that this leading business has the most effective and cutting edge product and interface in the market.
• Produce and/or contribute to the current project briefs
• Manage project communication and reporting effectively
• Manage project plans from concepts, wire frames, prototypes, to development.
• Prioritise and manage developers’ work flow across multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Research new technologies and provide recommendations on implementation back to the Product team
Key skills required:
• Experience in internet content and/or website management systems and platforms
• Proven ability to manage developers and technology teams
• Understanding of wire frames, prototyping, and functional specifications
• A passion to deliver the best user experience based on extensive testing and attention to detail
• The ability to work flexible hours around project deliverables
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels
• Proficient in the use of MS Project or similar for project planning, tracking and reporting.
Sound like a place where you would thrive? Don’t wait, apply and tell us why! Please send your resume along with a covering letter addressing your suitability for the role.
This job is now expired.