Journalist / Producer - Radio Australia
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong editorial skills; have solid radio journalism and production experience, particularly in a newsroom environment; be flexible, reliable, energetic, and enthusiastic and able to work to tight daily deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and assessing program content of a complex nature with speed and accuracy.
- Solid journalistic skills, with experience writing for and producing news & current affairs
- Track record in radio production and live broadcasting
- Experience in working in small teams in an innovative and flexible manner.
- A thorough appreciation of the values of Radio Australia and ABC News Radio and understanding of their output.
- Availability to work evening shifts
- An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and OH&S.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on how to apply visit Application Tips
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2012