Journalist - NewsRadio
Sydney, New South Wales
Contract Vacancy Approximately 9 Months
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong editorial skills, have solid radio journalism and presentation experience, particularly in a newsroom environment; be flexible, reliable, energetic, enthusiastic and able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. They will also need a track record of responsible journalistic work.
- Demonstrated experience preparing and assessing program content of a complex nature with speed and accuracy.
- Strong standard of and solid experience in radio presentation and interviewing.
- Sound news and sports sense and journalistic initiative.
- Experience working in small teams in an innovative and flexible manner.
- A thorough understanding of ABC NewsRadio and its output.
- A genuine understanding of ABC Editorial Policies and complaints handling procedures.
- Availability to work all shifts, including weekends
- An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
Audition material must be submitted with your application online (audio/mp3 files accepted up to 5MB).
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on how to apply visit Application Tips
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
Closing date: 8 Jul 2012