Pacific Magazines is looking for an experienced, passionate and dedicated Features Editor, with a particular focus on celebrity, to join their team at WHO, Australia's number one celebrity magazine.
Based in Eveleigh, and reporting to Senior Editors, you must have extensive experience in magazines or newspapers and be savvy with digital media. The successful candidate must have a keen news sense, an enviable contact book and a desire to break news – in print and online - and create exclusive content.
Possessing a wealth of ideas and initiative, you will boast strong writing and editing skills, be tenacious under pressure, have solid digital media skills (both creating stories and posting to various platforms) and willing to attend after-hours events.
· Pitch and write a variety of news and feature stories, with a focus on celebrity but also including news and human interest as required;
· Contribute to all areas of the magazine on deadline and liaise with a team of writers and contributors to deliver accurate, news focused and exclusive content on deadline and budget;
· Maintain a calendar of events/anniversaries as well as an evolving diary of features and manage the distribution of work among the team of writers and reporters.
· Manage the population, on a daily basis (both breaking news and scheduled posts), of WHO's various digital media platforms including Who.com, Twitter, Instagram and overseeing digital media obligations and executions online.
· Drive celebrity presence in WHO's signature special issues, as well as assist on shoots;
· Liaise with agents and PR managers to build solid contacts for future stories and write/negotiate contracts for exclusive content;
· Represent WHO on radio and television as well as at social events and help promote the brand and content on radio and TV when required.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on Australia's premium celebrity title with a dynamic, highly dedicated team.
Applications close Monday April 6.
Pacific Magazines has an exciting opportunity for a Features Editor to join Women's Health – Australia's biggest selling healthy lifestyle magazine, for a 12-month maternity cover.
Based at Media City in Eveleigh and reporting to the Editor, this position requires accomplished writing, editing, and managerial experience. As Features Editor, your journalism skills will be formidable, as you'll be writing, commissioning and editing freelance and in-house copy. You'll also choose the story mix each issue, manage a team of writers, be an expert at producing service journalism and have an impressive knowledge of everything from heart disease to chia seeds.
You will have:
We're looking for an excellent journalist and team leader who is highly organised person and unflappable under pressure. Experience as a features editor is a must, as is a passion for magazines. And if you have a strong interest in health, nutrition and fitness, and can whip up a smoothie in five minutes, well, that's even better.
Pacific Magazines is a part of Seven West Media.
Applications close 3 April 2015.