Jnr/Mid Front-End Web Designer Developer
Sydney, New South Wales
We are a progressive, full-service brand & digital agency based in Manly. From strategy-to-concept, architect-to-build; we design brands and campaign strategies brought alive through design, packaging & fashion, and the full breadth of online that includes brand & functional websites as well as online applications, services and stores. We combine hard work, quality output & top tier clients; with lunchtime beach visits, a relaxed studio and flexible work hours.
You are a motivated and skilled a junior-to-mid level, front-end web developer and designer - with good basic skills and fired up to learn more. You pride yourself on producing quality hand-coded HTML / CSS using Coda or similar, have web design skills for some visual elements & slicing in Photoshop or Fireworks, and are familiar with typical CMS & FTP operations.
You are passionate, borderline obsessive, with a keen eye for detail and good sense of logic. You have strong organisational and problem solving skills, solid relationship building and interpersonal skills, use initiative when completing set tasks, and deliver quality work. Knowing how to relax, enjoy your day, have fun and stay calm is key.
• Support the Technical & Online Design Directors to produce quality code for websites, eComms, interactives and eDMs
• Website maintenance – both code & content – which will include hand-coding updates and/or using a CMS, plus modifying graphic assets using Photoshop/Fireworks.
• Modifying website concept designs to produce follow pages as layered PSDs, then cutups
• Continuous learning and expanding your knowledge and skillsets in emerging technologies and best-practice for front-end web & social
Required Skills & Education
• Tertiary qualifications in front-end development, design and/or multimedia
• Solid knowledge of accessible, standards-compliant HTML and CSS.
• Competence in Photoshop/Fireworks
• Understanding of browser compatibility issues and strategies, including mobile.
• Ability to create finished, well-structured and documented files ready for production.
• A passion for website development, front-end technologies and design interactivity online.
• Interest & experience in interactive and engagement objects: online, mobile & social.
• An excellent eye for detail and good sense of logic.
• Ability to diagnose issues and problem solve under pressure.
• Good communication skills and a willingness to share your ideas, issues and solutions in a team environment.
• HTML5 / CSS3 knowledge.
• Working knowledge of Wordpress & Facebook development
• Working knowledge and ability to read & work into Cake PHP devs
Please ensure you provide a folio with links to relevant websites or projects you have worked on. Your submission must include quality references / referees, which will be checked. Candidates must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job; no sponsorship opportunities.
This job is now expired.