Sydney, New South Wales
Currency House is a not-for-profit association that works to raise public understanding of the performing arts in public life. We arrange forums, publish Platform Papers, a quarterly essay of contemporary debate; host breakfasts for the business community and publish books.
Currency House is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and self motivated intern to work part time in our Redfern Office, offering the candidate a high level of involvement.
This is a broad range internship, requiring a hybrid skillset. On a personal level the right person would be easy going, have a strong work ethic, and be interested in the arts
The internship is part-time (1-2 days a week), unpaid – 6 months starting immediately. There is a two-month initial probation period.
• Assisting with management of website CMS
• Optimising content for the website.
• Project managing third parties associated with website enhancements (e.g. the possibility of mobile platforms, iPhone application)
• Working on marketing and social media strategies - such as developing and implementing new ideas on building and engaging a Facebook and Twitter fanbase
• Engage with other online forums/communities
Skills and Capabilities
• Experience in developing and managing interactive Content Management System based website
• Understanding of video integration
• Good knowledge of social media including Facebook an Twitter
• Strong writing and proof reading skills
• Experience in marketing/events or digital
• Experience with mobile
• Experience with CSS and HTML
Please send your resume and cover letter by 12 October to Priscilla Yates