Junior Draftsperson / Interior Design Assistant
Sydney, New South Wales
We have recently started an interior design department and we require an intern on full time basis for the next month to assist us with a burgeoning order book of projects. For the right candidate there will be full-time paid team position assisting the interior designer after one month internship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for hands-on practical exposure to fit-outs in a small and busy team with a consistent flow of new projects. We require talented individuals who are able to assist with interior design input and the conversion of an idea into a drawing, a model and ultimately the fit-out of a commercial space.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Assisting in the preparation of technical drawings required for DA and CC,
- Assisting the interior designer in concept development, site survey and space planning,
- Assisting in preparing sample boards and sourcing furniture, finishes, materials and lighting,
- Assisting in liaising with council, certifiers, engineers and specific trades and suppliers, and
- Any ad hoc duties required by the interior designer.
Candidates require all of the following:
- Strong drafting skills in ArchiCAD is a MUST.
- Knows BCA well and able to liase with councils.
- The ability to work within a small, dynamic and busy team
- Ability to render with 3DS MAX is a preferred, and
- The determination to build a strong career in interior design.
In order to apply:
- Please ensure your portfolios are below 4MB in size
- Only successful candidates will be contacted
- Please email your CV and portfolio to [..]
This job is now expired.