We are Mi9’s internal creative department, bringing brands to life across the NEC portfolio of websites and products. We solve clients’ problems through innovation and creative thinking.
The marketing creative team are looking for a copywriter who can own the long-term strategic and creative development of our marketing communications. Applicants should have experience working in a branding environment, working to think up creative ideas, strategic solutions and of course carefully crafted short and longer form copy that get great results.
The Copywriter will work hand-in-hand with the art director, designers, taking and answering trade and consumer advertising briefs from the marketing department. This role involves concept creation and copywriting for a variety of integrated marketing campaigns and deliverables including banner ads, print collateral, websites, emails and event material.
Experience and Skills:
3+ years ad agency or brand in-house copywriting experience with a portfolio of effective work.
Strong communicator with ability to confidently pitch concepts.
Exceptional writing skills with a love of crafting the shortest sentence to long form copy.
A fastidious attention to detail.
Ability to collaborate with other creative team members.
A strong negotiator and reconcile differences.
Complex problem solver always searching for the solution.
Attention to detail and ability to take corrective action.
Be accountable and capable of identifying and raising issues early.
Initiative to go beyond the briefs – proposing new ideas and solutions.
Culture and Behaviours:
Live and breathe the Mi9 values: Brave, Smart, Humble and Give a shit.
Take the initiative to try and try again
Own the fail and learn from it.
Understand the impact of your actions on your team members.
Have a proactive approach to your own career development.
Be accommodating and adjust actions in relation to others’.
Be friendly and responsible.
seeking a senior creative person to lead our diverse and highly creative agency
team. This role is all about making big ideas happen and galvanising the
creative team to produce great work.
This is the
ideal job for someone who wants to make amazing creative work and run a growing
role we need an experienced creative leader who is great on the tools. Someone
who loves executing creative work and knows how to deliver brilliantly crafted
work every time. Tongue is an ideas agency and as you can imagine the work we
do is fully integrated. A successful candidate will need to be comfortable
making all types of creative executions including TV ads, print ads, digital
campaigns, social campaigns, activations, internal comms campaigns and online
content to mention a few.
side of the job is all about running the small team of creatives and making
sure that the Tongue ‘studio’ is running like a Swiss watch. This is not an
easy task as the agency is often busy, we don’t have an official Traffic person
and we’re always shooting for the creative stars!
candidate needs to be highly organised, great at multitasking and have a very
good eye for detail. A love of all things tech would be a plus.
We want to
find someone who is hungry and probably hasn’t quite made their mark… but
they’re about to.
The Thinking part:
Have the ability to work with the team to help
others conceive big ideas
Inspire and motivate the entire agency
You will have a passion for the craft of making great
Great presentation skills and good at selling ideas
Problem solving mentality that lets nothing get in
the way of a big idea
o Ability to get on
the tools from time to time and drive the creative execution through
o Great at working
with others and a believer in agency collaboration
What you’ll be doing
Delivering a wide range of assets, both digital and
non-digital (including but not limited to);
o Digital: websites, social,
banners, apps, mobile, landing pages, email technologies and the ability to
design with Content Management Systems
o Non-digital: Print,
outdoor, DM, video, TV, experiential, activations and radio
Driving the process between creative, other departments
within Tongue and clients
Partnering with Strategy to deliver award winning
Working with Business Management to
understand client needs, expectations & build strong relationships
Assisting Production in refining of agency
processes and ways of working
Providing creative direction on all live projects
Executing creative work from concept through
production to dispatch
Ensuring best practice standards and legal
compliance is always met
Attending, contributing and inspiring agency
Assisting in the recruitment and interviewing of
potential employees across creative
Maintaining a roster of freelancers for ad hoc
Collaborating on performance reviews, KPIs &
Driving innovation throughout the agency
Running creative WIP meetings
Involved in new business pitches
Working on agency case studies and
experience in creative roles with an Art Director background is a must.
Highly proficient and proven experience working
Ability to conceive, scamp and sell your ideas
Leading, inspiring and managing a creative team
An understanding of HTML and other development languages
Integrated experience essential
Immersion in industry trends, brands and the
Character traits: self-starting, highly motivated,
enjoy leading a team
Strong written & verbal communication
skills (specifically in English)
Embody and champion Tongue behaviours
report directly to Jonathan Pease, Executive Ideas Director & Managing
HOYTS is the business of entertainment and this role is at the heart of entertaining our guests with creating bespoke engaging video content. From on cinema screen messaging to outdoor video advertising, social media executions to trailer mash-ups, this role will create, execute and deliver the HOYTS message on screen – both large and small.
We are looking for an enthusiastic all-rounder to join our in-house production studio – someone who can produce, edit (including graphics) and deliver exciting content.
• Concept development and managing content creation
• Writing scripts/ call outs /on screen copy for all video work
• Conceive, write, direct and edit content
• Edit various video formats (TVC, Cinema, Online, Corporate videos, Hype Reels) including creating Motion Graphics based on campaign look and feel from the designe team
• Supervise voice over talent and audio post production stages
• Supervise other editors, freelancers and production partners to ensure quality and technical formats are maintained
• Take responsibility for the delivery of AV content to tight deadlines while adhering to brief
• Direct shoots both in-house and on-location
• Uphold the high production values of Hoyts
• Creative thinker with 4 years + experience with the ability to take briefs all the way from concept to finished AV materials creating engaging content with a strong message
• Proven experience in a similar role
• A proven record of creative excellence with the ability to take a brief and develop high quality AV content that drives sales
• High level of written and oral communication, problem-solving and organisation skills
• Strong storytelling, scriptwriting and script-editing skills
• Fun and easy-going individual with a “can do” attitude
• Loves movies and has a solid knowledge of such
• Have a sound and excellent understanding of Final Cut Pro/Premiere, After Effects, 2D & 3D Motion Graphics animation, Photoshop CS6+ as well as any other software you may require to prepare audio and image assets to create memorable and eye catching content for the company’s brand.
• Sound knowledge of the production process, digital compression for video download & streaming web video and formatting for the variety of distribution channels that include online, mobile, social media, television & cinema
• A broad knowledge of production and commercial music with an understanding of music licensing requirements
If you have a passion for movies with the creative drive to create engaging on screen content – then contact HOYTS today!
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies please.