Sydney, New South Wales
- Meet operational requirements within on-air deadlines and maintain an organised and accessible image library
- Interpret briefs and communicate effectively with members of the design team and program clients
- Operate graphics equipment technically and creatively at a high level and to ABC standards
- Meet program output demands to tight deadlines
- Maintain effective communications with program clients
- Interpret design briefs within ABC style guidelines
- Contribute to and maintain the News Graphics image library
- Maintain knowledge of design trends and developments in broadcast design
- Be available for day, evening and weekend shifts
- Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work, Health & Safety.
1. Demonstrated experience in a broadcast design environment - experience in News or live broadcast is an advantage.
2. Strong design skills across a broad range of computer programs including Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
3. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Ability to work to tight deadlines and maintain excellent attention to detail.
5. Ability to make sound judgements, use initiative, and work as part of a team.
6. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work, Health & Safety.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on how to apply visit Application Tips
Closing Comments: There will be no reimbursement of relocation costs.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position
Closing date: 22 Jul 2012
This job is now expired.