Fresh out of design school? Looking to work for a fun, playful brand with an emphasis on innovative design, while honing your skills?
Hardtofind is looking for you...
We’re after a Junior Designer with a flair for taking an idea and bringing it to life through clever, beautiful design. You’ll be on top of trends in fashion, homewares and gifting, and have a commercial brain that finds the shop-able angle in every great idea.
Working closely with our flat-out lovely Art Director to produce artwork for both online and print collateral, you’ll be collaborating on ideation, generating concepts from scratch and working with established templates. You’ll also work closely with our awesome Curation Manager to help design our legendary email campaigns
Tasks will include:
• Designing banners for the site
• Designing static and animated eDM banners
• Managing images, populating pages and checking image files for print catalogues
• Editing newsletters and briefs
• Assisting on catalogue photo shoots
• Designing social media graphics
• Design-related administration
• Populating eDMs under the direction of the Curation Manager
Flair, humour and idea generation are essential in this role, as is the ability to manage your own workload across multiple daily deadlines. Being a small team full of good humans, you’ll need to be one of those, too – respectful of what everyone brings to the table and quick to throw your hat in when needed.
• A relevant tertiary qualification
• Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator essential
• Experience with Mailchimp eDM campaign manager desirable but not essential
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• A strong understanding of current online and print design trends
Hardtofind celebrates fun, innovative design from the best small creative businesses in Australia and all over the world. Stop, look and 'where did you get that?' pieces, made by talented people who love what they do. Our site brings together an expertly sourced global community of cottage industries, independent studios and hole-in-the-wall retailers with people looking for something different – and creating a much more personal maker/manufacturer-to-customer shopping experience. Check us out at hardtofind.com.au
Note: We can only accept applications from designers who have the right to work in ‘Straya.