About the Role and about you
The Creative Studios at Whispir are expanding, this means we’re looking for a dangerously talented Creative Genius who can help take our new brand to greater heights. The Creative Team, part of a greater Global Marketing team, is responsible for turning coals into diamonds. Our brand has recently undergone a transformation and we’re looking for someone like you, to help shape it.
First and foremost, you have to love design, you live and breathe it and you're always finding new and better ways to tell interesting, compelling stories through the communications you deliver. You bring with you a world of creative experience across digital and print, you're a strategic creative who understands the commercial side of our business and you're a strong communicator. You're a leader, a multi-tasker, negotiator, and mentor. Speed, isn’t just a great 1994 Keanu Reeves film, no, it’s also how we operate and how we’re able to support a large global organization and our partners, so your ability to deliver at pace is crucial.
But wait, there is more… As a Senior Designer, we would expect you to get into the business, understand our product, our audiences so that over time, you’ll love it as much as we do and be confident in delivering incredible, engaging ways to tell our story and our narratives. We love great design and new ideas and we believe these elements play a vital role in differentiating our brand and our product. A cut and paste designer isn't what we're looking for, but rather someone who can deliver original outcomes off the back of your years of experience.
On a day to day basis, you will take ownership of creative projects and work closely with the Head of Marketing, the global marketing and sales teams and senior leadership team members. You will be responsible for crafting compelling, original concepts, oversee and coordinate production of deliverables and mentor and lead junior designers within the team. This entails assigning key responsibilities and implementing new strategies to enhance effective performance and delivery amongst team members. The work is diverse and requires an equally diverse designer and leader. You're the gatekeeper of the creative department, scrutinizing the inputs and outputs of the creative team so attention to detail is key.
This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to be on the tools as much as in the business, understanding the product and commercial direction of Whispir, our customers and how we help develop creative solutions and messaging to better enable them to be successful are part of your drive to succeed.
Ideally, you will have 5 years minimum experience in Design and Conceptualization. Agency experience is well regarded. You are an exceptional communicator and ideas generator.
The Senior Designer is an enthusiastic, motivated collaborator and an active contributor to the team culture.
As a Senior Designer you will:
· Have strong Digital design & Print experience
· Be an experienced conceptual thinker, who develops a diverse range of compelling creative ideas drawing from experience
· Have the ability to think strategically as well as aesthetically
· Push the boundaries, be different and have an ability to turn a creative concept into polished, intelligent, elegant design outcome across all mediums
· Understand the business and our audiences to effectively communicate our value proposition
· Have exceptional Communications skills to effectively, verbally as well as visually, present design rationale during internal/external presentations
· Pro-actively works with the Head of Marketing to provide insights and feedback on project status and your work
· Have strong skills and a passion for typography, composition, layout, with an eye for detail
· Manage all aspects of a project from conception to execution and is accountable for assigned projects
· Enjoy working in a tight-knit, passionate and collaborative team environment
· Can work to tight deadlines and demonstrate effective problem-solving skills within a fast paced environment
· Lead/mentor and impart knowledge to other designers to ensure project success
· Have the ability to manage and work at a senior level
· Experienced multitasker
The Ideal Fit:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in design
A minimum of 5-7 years of related experience
Advanced technical and software skills related to the discipline
We are looking for an inspired designer who is driven to search deeper to find better ways of doing things and who has the personal, technical and software skills to create great relationships and engaging campaigns
To succeed at Whispir you will love your craft, display a high level of care and take a team-first approach. We appreciate character, creativity, empathy and pride in a job well done. We value an open mind, real understanding and genuine commitment to the craft of effective communication.
Whispir is THE leader in Communications Applications as a Service, we have offices across Australia, Asia and the Americas. Our Culture and values encompass doing the right thing, having positive people, generating bright ideas, bestowing brilliant service and finding a way.OK, we think we've said enough.... let's talk about you.