Give Art Science
- Account Management
New South Wales, Sydney
‘Give Art Science’: Who we are
Give Art Science is a creative connections agency. We have a ‘people obsessed’ approach to communications. Channel agnostic, we specialise in fuelling conversations, sparking opinions and provoking reactions. We consider ourselves a conflict agency that challenges brands to think and behave in the digital age.
The Role: Business Connector (equivalent position Business Director)
You are a driver: you are resourceful, hands-on, dependable, agile, and roll up your sleeves to get shit done before anyone is aware that it needs doing. You nurture and grow our partnerships with brands by identifying, and building solutions, and converting opportunities that help them with their core business problems. You are an innovator; you don't accept the status quo. You are results orientated. You are not bound by channel considerations yet you appreciate people’s behaviour in the digital and physical environments, and apply the 'give a f*ck factor' to whatever you do. You are not afraid to challenge and question everything - both internally and externally - as you strive for a collaborative solution that is right for the brand.
You are not a paper pusher. You have a voice and an opinion and you are not afraid to be vocal and debate. It is through discourse and debate that you will inspire the team, our partners and brands to innovate and ideate.
We are not looking for a run of the mill BD. GAS is after someone who demonstrates creative agility, who has the ability to make decisions that combine and make sense of disparate or opposing ideas, and ensure that these are translated into effective solutions. GAS is ultimately looking for someone who is not challenge adverse and is willing to throw all their weight into trying something different.
This job really is your opportunity to take ownership and make something amazing.
Specific tasks and abilities for this role:
• Work closely with the strategists and creatives to digest briefs and put together creative responses that reflect the need of the brand. Your job is to lead, challenge and push the teams to deliver the best outcomes.
• Be responsible for, and drive, the execution of multiple projects within a brands portfolio- from strategy and idea conception through to execution to optimisation and reporting. Continue to be curious throughout the entire process to think through potential road humps before they arrive.
• Become the key client contact for all matters relating to a project (SOW, Timeline, Direction, Inter-agency collaboration, resource, profitability).
• Up-skill members of the team, and be open to being up-skilled, across different skill sets and disciplines.
• Collaborate with individuals (both internal and freelancers) to drive exceptional results. Know when to bring in specific resources and how to get the best out of them.
• Work in direct partnerships with other preferred agency partners to deliver collaborative recommendations.
• Drive pipeline sign off of existing clients.
• Be a confident negotiator.
• Input into forecast and pipeline update alongside the GM.
• Continue to improve the commercials of the partnership – review of the current remuneration models, innovation and improvement of these models, selling and securing these contract improvements
• Capitalising on partner relationships by identifying where GAS might be able to sell additional products/services and working with the GM and CEO to get these projects developed.
• Provide leadership, direction and mentorship to team members.
• Manage the workload of junior members of the team, ensuring delivery of smaller scale projects that they are running.
Experience working within the below areas:
Creative backgroundContent and Digital ProductionSocial Media Strategy and ImplementationCommunications PlanningPR/ earned media
Ideally 5+ years working in a creative or digital agency
Contract: immediate start date until mid October (with the view to becoming permanent for the right candidate).
Send us a CV (or equivalent) to [..] as well as answering the below questions:
Life's too short for/to?
It may not have made you famous, or won any awards but what piece of work were you the most proud of and why?
Which campaign that you have seen would you wish that was on your resume?
My biggest adventure was when, I...?