Freelance - Event Manager
New South Wales, Sydney
A new unique, creative event space in Sydney is seeking experienced and motivated event manager to help manage events for mainly corporate clients and brands. COMMUNE Waterloo is a 3000m2 warehouse precinct in Waterloo.?
This role will:?-enable you to work in a beautiful and unique environment?-give you exposure to a diverse range of clients and businesses?-have a flexibility in terms of work hours?.
You will be performing two key roles:
1. Booking events; managing phone and email enquiries, booking site visits, organising quotes, contracts and invoices
2. Management of the event, typically this would take place between hours of 5pm and midnight. All our events finish by 10pm.
We hold between 1 and 3 events a week. Events range from 50 to 500 guests.?
Duties Involved in Venue Preparation
* Helping preparing the room for the event
* Onsite manager to on hand for client requests?
Duties involved in Management of the Event
* Greeting caterers, furniture delivery companies, DJs etc and giving them instruction on arrival with regard to setup / bump in
* Managing end-clients, caterers, DJs, security throughout the event, and in particular
* Managing questions with regard to the venue – lighting, AV, heating, cooling etc
* Making sure the rules of our venue are observed, eg no one on the street, music levels are compliant, security is consistent, there is no damage
* Making sure staff are keeping the room in reasonable condition and waste is managed appropriately
* Making sure key times are observed – music is turned down, bar is closed by 9:30pm, last guest leaves by 10pm.
* Managing event closure, and in particular:
* Making sure all guests have departed in an orderly manner,
* Making sure all parties working at the event have concluded the scope of their work and have departed in an orderly manner.
* Lock up the venue.?
You will be:
* Quick to understand venue and event rules, and apply them extremely consistently
* Knowing how to provide exceptional customer service
* Be mature, and be able to deal with clients making unreasonable requests in a polite but assertive manneBe self-sufficient and resilient
* Be able to manage others
* Have a drivers license
* Be extremely reliable and trustworthy
Ideally, you have 5 year's experience in food and beverage operations with direct involvement from conception of event to invoice. You have a deep knowledge of customer expectations and have worked in a company with multiple and versatile spaces.
Seeking to align yourself with a business that will both embrace and challenge you to be the best of the best, you are an effective negotiator and influencer and build trust and positive relationships with your clients and colleagues.
You have superior communication skills and can manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
You are administratively strong and embrace your day with a sense energy and positive buzz that your colleagues feed off.