Digital Media Intern - immediate start
Sydney, New South Wales
Peats Ridge Sustainable Arts & Music festival takes place over the New Year period in NSW, an hour North of Sydney. Now in its ninth year, the festival has become a global launch pad for musicians, artists and theatre groups, and has played host to major acts including Gotye, Xavier Rudd, multi-Platinum selling duo, Angus & Julia Stone, Kate Miller-Heidke, Temper Trap and Cloud Control among others.
Awarded many times for it’s achievements in sustainable event management, Peats Ridge is committed to providing a fully sustainable event and educating its patrons how to tread more softly on our planet.
Peats Ridge is produced by The Festival Company. TFC also produces the Surry Hills Festival and several other events.
In this role you will be responsible for developing the digital media assets of the Festival Company portfolio, including the websites, festival software and internal communications systems. There is a significant part of this role that focuses on social media management, growing event fan base through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other channels plus exploring digital advertising opportunities.
This is a broad range internship, requiring a hybrid skillset. On a personal level the right person would be easy going, have a strong work ethic, and be a festival/music/arts freak!
The internship is part-time (2-3 days a week), unpaid – 6 months starting immediately. There is a two-month initial probation period.
• Management of website CMS
• Creating and optimising content for the website.
• Managing festival performers enquiries and submissions
• Looking after the info email
• Project managing third parties associated with website enhancements (e.g. the possibility of mobile platforms, iPhone application)
• Working on marketing and social media strategies - such as developing and implementing new ideas on building and engaging a Facebook and Twitter fanbase
• Managing interactions with festival partners and stakeholders where appropriate
• Engage with other online forums/communities
Skills and Capabilities
• Experience in developing and managing interactive Content Management System based website
• Understanding of video integration
• Good knowledge of social media including Facebook an Twitter
• Proficiency with Photoshop or full CS suite
• Strong writing and proof reading skills
• Flexible hours, available for festival as well
• Own laptop desirable
• Can do attitude, good sense of humour, love of music and art
• Experience in marketing/events or digital
• Experience with mobile
• Experience with CSS and HTML
• Passion for sustainability
This job is now expired.