Digital Art Director
Sydney, New South Wales
Calling all Digital Art Directors looking to take the next step up in their careers!
BlueArc is an award-winning digital agency. We specialise in building websites and applications for a range of high profile clients such as Westpac, Canon, Virgin Mobile, Freedom Furniture, Jenny Craig, Institute of Chartered Accountants, MARCS, and Sydney Cricket Ground.
We are currently seeking an experienced and talented Digital Art Director to join our creative team in our Sydney office.
Could this be you?
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Digital Art Director will work with the broader business to develop concepts, plan user experiences and design compelling and visually enticing designs for all platforms, across desktop, mobile and tablet. The successful candidate will have a passion for all things digital and a wealth of experience working on large websites, online campaigns and web application projects. You’ll place the user and their needs at the heart of your ideas while being confident working within the boundaries of any brand’s guidelines. The successful candidate will be able demonstrate an outstanding portfolio of recent digital creative work.
• Taking briefs from clients and internal partners.
• Conceiving user-centric, engaging concepts and interface designs.
• Leading a small design team, and helping to grow our creative offering.
• Organising, prioritising and scheduling work assignments for the team.
• Driving the design of digital solutions across multiple channels (desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.)
• Collaborating with project managers, business analysts , frontend & backend developers to design and deliver best of breed digital solutions.
• Demonstrating an excellent understanding of the principles of User Experience Design.
• Ensuring project success through discipline, efficiency, excellent communication, working to deadlines, attention to detail, and great execution.
Required Experience & Skills:
• 5+ years’ experience designing websites and online applications for high-profile brands.
• A degree or equivalent in a design based discipline.
• Creative flair, good attention to detail, and a deep understanding of digital design.
• An excellent working knowledge of the Adobe suite of products.
• Proven leadership and direct people management experience.
• Experience working within a digital agency environment.
• A proven track record designing for large, content managed websites and ecommerce solutions.
• Confident communicator, able to contribute to client meetings and pitches.
• Good understanding of branding.
• Ability to apply best practices in user interface and interactive design.
• Cross Platform UX design experience.
• Ability to sketch or wireframe to visualise ideas early in a project cycle.
• A talent for taking complicated user journeys and interactions and making them simple and easy to use.
• Good understanding of web technologies and emerging digital trends (responsive design, user generated content, accessibility).
• An awareness of W3C standards and site usability.
This job is now expired.