Wan Chai, Hong Kong Island
Creative Directors are beacons of creative energy with the mission of inspiring creative ideas and providing guidance in their execution. They guide the creative direction of projects and contribute to the development of compelling user experiences, while ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget. Edipresse Hong Kong is looking for such an individual to spearhead our Creative Team of approximately 20 designers and photographers and oversee the design and visuals of our stable of luxury lifestyle magazines and custom publishing products, including the award-winning Hong Kong Tatler, Revolution, and Home Journal. This challenging but highly rewarding position reports to the company’s Group Editor-in-Chief.
• Oversee all creative content for the company, including magazines, design projects and corporate collateral.
• Energise and manage the creative team.
• Ensure magazines are in line with the publisher’s expectations and the target audience.
• Ensure smooth workflow of the creative team and that deadlines are met and budgets are not exceeded while delivering high-quality work.
• Extract creative thoughts and ideas from internal and external sources and provide constructive feedback to designers and team members in a sensitive, motivating way.
• Participate in project meetings and pitch creative concepts for custom publishing projects on behalf of the design team.
• Oversee all re-design projects.
• Research and utilise innovative design and creative concepts, and ensure visual language is in line with international newsstand quality.
• Diffuse problems and put forward solutions that are in the best interest of the company and its employees.
• Be a role model not only in creativity, but also in work ethic and work style.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• At least five years of experience as a Creative Director for a magazine publishing company
• Proven ability of successfully managing multiple design teams and creative projects simultaneously.
• Experience in leading creative teams with a demonstrated understanding of how to provide constructive feedback while continuing to inspire creative thought.
• Extensive experience working with clients including pitching and selling concepts as well as managing client expectations.
• Exemplary presentation skills.
• Experience combining business and creative goals when creating a unique design solution.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to handle pressure and perform at a high level in a deadline-driven environment.
• Impeccable eye for detail and excellent grasp of visual language.
• Possess excellent contacts: a worldwide network of designers, photographers and illustrators to call upon when necessary.
• In-depth knowledge of Creative Suite for Mac and technical abilities. Leading-edge knowledge of hardware and software and ability to plan upgrades.
• Experience in bi-lingual magazines (English and Chinese) a strong advantage.
• Experience in digital media platforms a strong advantage.
This job is now expired.