Bashful is a hub
of creative energy producing beautiful work for exciting clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic and
proactive Studio Designer to join our team, bringing their love for contemporary photography,
design and typography to help create beautiful, fashion led campaigns.
with the Senior Creative, the Studio Designer will bring the creative idea to
life across digital, print, outdoor and social media, in a busy studio.
Studio Designer is expected to complete design tasks autonomously from briefing
to finished art, with input from the relevant Art Director and Creative
Director. The ability to perform under pressure on multiple deadlines is vital,
working to meet the highest design standards, compliant with industry best
practices, within the allocated time.
role requires an active interest in the local and international fashion
landscape, in both trends and brands. The Studio Designer will develop an in-depth
understanding of each of our client’s identities, look and feel and brand
rules. They will also gain a comprehensive knowledge of the look and feel for
the category they compete in.
role requires the Studio Designer to present their work internally with the
team, clearly articulating rationales for design decisions. The Studio Designer
requires an open collaborative nature, to take feedback from the creative team
and reflect it to the best advantage, crafting the work to meet and exceed
· Develop creative work across digital and non-digital mediums
from concepts generated in the creative studio.
· Roll out creative across campaigns in digital and non-digital
· Deliver finished assets for websites, EDMs, social,
print, outdoor, TV, branding, packaging, retail and any other medium required
by the campaign.
· Support the creative teams on pitches and
pre-production presentation documents, through presentation layout, image
searching, amends and file preparation.
· Contributing creative ideas in brainstorms and
throughout the creative and development processes.
· Love the work you produce.
· A high degree of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite -
illustrator, indesign and photoshop at a minimum.
· Excellent typographic skills.
· A keen interest in fashion and popular culture.
· Both digital and print execution experience, with
basic HTML and CSS understanding.
· Focus and attention to detail.
· The ability to work quickly, efficiently and calmly
· A collaborative and positive attitude
· Be engaged with and curious about the creative
landscape and industry trends.
· Minimum two years experience in an agency environment.
Here’s our situation. We work with a
great list of clients predominantly in the entertainment industry and have
started expanding our client base with some great new brands and projects away
from the entertainment world. After being with the agency for several years,
our senior designer is moving on to new opportunities and we’re on the lookout
for an energetic Creative Director/Senior Designer to lead our team and continue
to take the agency forward.
We’re a small team, with a Managing
Director, Senior Designer, Digital Art Director, and Mid Weight Designer
in-house, and a small team of contractors overseas who have been working with
us for several years. We’re excited
about moving forward with this new Creative Director/Senior Designer position
early in the New Year! We are also
looking at bringing on board a Junior Designer early in 2015. This will happen
once the Creative Director/Senior Designer and Managing Director have decided
on what is required.
At STUDIOJACK we aim to be a one stop shop for our clients. We provide them with a full service, ranging
from their print advertising needs to their online and digital marketing
requirements. Ideally this role will be
filled by someone who has experience across print and online platforms, and who
can manage projects across these areas.
As we’re a small team, we’re looking for
someone who isn’t afraid to jump in and be hands-on with projects, hence
advertising this as a Creative Director/Senior Designer position – we really
need someone who expects to design on a daily basis, as well as managing a
multitude of projects. Direct contact
with our clients is important to us, we don’t have Account Managers, so we’re
looking for someone who enjoys client relationships.
The Managing Director has two companies,
with the other company at one point each year requiring him to be away from the
office for approximately 5 weeks. During
this time, your role will require you to solely manage the team whilst the
Managing Director works remotely.
We very much believe in a work/life
balance for all members of the team.
There’ll be times when it’s really busy and all hands on deck, but also
times when we have fun. As a senior
member of the team, you’ll play an important role in developing that
culture. A happy studio is a productive
studio, and that energy is what makes clients like to work with us.
Some extra things we’re looking for:
– Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design or similar
– Minimum 7 years design experience, with at least two years management
– Experience in both print and digital
– Strong creative ideas and an ability to think logically
– Managing and working within the design team, and also having excellent
client/team relations is extremely important.
– Experience working in advertising or marketing
– Highly proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
– Ability to problem solve, manage projects and meet deadlines.
– To work efficiently under pressure and remain calm
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
– An interest in the arts a bonus!
– Permanent residency in Australia.
If this sounds like you we’d love to
hear from you!
Please send us your CV and portfolio pdf
or link to your website of your best work!
Salary negotiable on experience and how much we love you!
Further information about STUDIOJACK
Studio Jack is a boutique creative, branding, marketing and digital studio –
who specialise in design for arts, festivals and entertainment. Working across
print and press, branding, marketing, digital, animation, outdoor signage,
internal collateral and communications, websites, EDM’s, and iPhone app design.
Clients & Projects include: Arts Centre Melbourne, Sydney Theatre Company,
Strictly Ballroom, Sydney Opera House, Nine Live, Les Miserables, Ballarat Beer
Festival, Hobart Baroque, Top Gear Festival, to name a few.
(Please note: Only successful applicants
will contacted - please no phone calls!)