Design Director at Local Peoples
Full Time - Creative & Art Director
We are looking for an exceptional Design Director to help us re-define on and off-line brand experiences for our clients. You will be responsible for the quality of our creative output, ideas and delivery of all of our projects. Reporting to the M&CD you will work with the client services and strategy teams and then guide the design teams to research, develop and refine exceptional brand, campaign or communications solutions.
ABOUT LOCAL PEOPLES
We are citizens of good design.
How? By putting a person's experience central to all of the products, services and experiences we design. We use Human-Centred Design principles for all our our projects, whether we’re promoting a healthy lifestyle, making people feel at home or making an impact through purpose-driven design. We are a tight but nimble team and we pride ourselves on delivering world-class design strategy, identity design, print, digital, experiential and event activations.
Our clients come from the sport, health, education, social impact and property sectors and include Tennis Australia, Monash University, Greyhound Adoption Program, Puma, The World Health Organization, Nike, Red Bull, Australian Unity, Alpha60, Football Federation Australia, Eleven Haircare and the Queensland Eye Institute.
Along with our client projects we are also the co-founder of NCDFREE.org and provide creative direction for Assemble and Assemble Papers. As the sister company of Assemble Projects, we provide design services for Assemble’s residential developments, the first being 122 Roseneath Street, Clifton Hill, which reflects ideas and aspirations of strong community values and sustainability.
OUR BRAND VALUES
Authenticity – we are passionate and do things for the right reasons
Curiosity – we are interested and interesting
Expertise – we know what we are talking about
Accessibility – good ideas come from good conversation
Flexibility – because we know one size never fits all
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
• Working with the Account Director and Creative Director you will play a key role in conversations with clients to fully understand their brands, their business problems and their audiences and therefore briefs
• Proactively think of ideas to improve their businesses
• Lead the team in developing pitch winning responses and present on behalf of the team
• Ensure you are awesome to work with
• Assist the business leadership in guiding the Local Peoples brand to drive growth, a positive reputation and impact
• Articulate our thinking in an engaging way through every brand touchpoint
• Be resourceful and maximise our resources
• Play a key role in new business presentations and pitches
• Help to continually improve the design of workflow through the studio
• Develop new product and business ideas for Local Peoples
• Be an advocate for the Human Centred Design approach
• Inspire the team as a fountain of awesome ideas and design examples
• Elevate the team’s understanding of human centred design principles and ensure this is infused through our projects
• Develop a team culture of creative and strategic thinkers by work closely with the wider team
• Keep abreast of emerging behaviours, technologies and companies that affect our client’s businesses
• Provide road maps for human centred thinking and process to unlock our clients business potential
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
Min 8-10 years industry experience in a respected design studio or equivalent client side role with at least 2-3 in a similar leadership role.
Demonstrated skills in:
• Managing multiple large and complex projects concurrently from conception to completion of crafted user experiences
• Nurturing client relationships and building trust
• Leadership by example
• Clear communication with the team
• Prioritising business objectives
• Delivering outcomes which exceed expectations
• Designing business and creative strategy
• Delivering design outcomes across all brand touch points including: brand identity, graphic design, UI, UX, the built environment and events, film and motion graphics
• High level written communication including ability to write briefs and guidelines and prepare correspondence for clients
• Excellent verbal communication
• Strong attention to detail
• Works well under pressure
• Self motivated with the ability to work with teams
• Deadline and solutions-oriented
• Exploring and ideating new design concepts based on research findings, task analyses, prototypes
• Respect for intellectual property
• A strong understanding of UX Design
• Other worldly command of the Adobe Suite
• Understanding of project management software principles and desire to learn work management software WorkflowMax, Slack and Trello.
Please send your folio with a letter on why you feel you would be suitable for the role and 3 referees to jobs(at)localpeoples.com.