Content Producer, Pregnancy Birth and Baby
Sydney, New South Wales
NHCCN was formed in 2007 to establish and operate an integrated national telephonic and electronic health information service. We are jointly owned by the Australian Government and participating States and Territories.
Our Online Services team is responsible for the development of NHCCN’s online information services, including the websites Pregnancy, Birth and Baby (PBB), mindhealthconnect, National Health Service Directory and HealthInsite..
The PBB gateway provides easy access to reliable, high-quality information about health and well being online. It achieves this by linking users to information resources on the websites of its approved Information partners.
We are seeking an experienced, well organised Content Producer to join our Online Services team, primarily to deliver the makeover of the PBB site.
Working with the project manager, the position will be responsible for the acquisition, creation and management of content including text, images, video, sound for PBB and associated social media sites. In this new role, the Content Producer will establish and maintain standards, assess useability, ensure adherence to WCAG 2 standards, and liaise with content authors and those who authorise publication of content. The position is required to liaise with other content producers, and coordinate with and back-up the Project Manager.
1. Manage the production of all content for the Pregnancy Birth and Baby website
2. Manage the production of content for other websites as required
3. Manage content partner relationships
4. Create new text content
5. Define and manage developer tasks for existing website enhancement
6. Communicate web content decisions, plans, goals and strategies and report against defined metrics
7. Balance different projects that may involve different delivery managers
8. Responsible for adhering to Editorial Governance processes
9. Responsible for adhering to Editorial WCAG 2.0
10. Develop and deliver regular reporting
11. Proactively contribute to organisational risk management processes
Located in Sydney’s CBD, ideally this role will commence as soon as possible. The annual salary package is circa $90-$100k (pro-rata) for a contract period of 6 months.
1. Significant experience in developing, managing and implementing website content according to information architecture and best practice web development standards
2. Demonstrable experience in contributing to the development of wireframes, information architecture and process driven development to ensure high standards of usability and accessibility
3. Demonstrable experience in contributing to user acceptance testing including the creation and management of test cases
4. Significant experience in using a range of content management tools in the government and private sectors
6. Significant experience in using a range of content management tools
7. Significant experience in using desktop software tools to create and manage text and image content
8. Proven ability to work with complex information across multiple communication channels
9. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with all levels of staff and management to maintain effective and efficient working relationships
10. Experience with Drupal or other open source platforms like Joomla, PHP, or other scripting languages
11. Knowledge of e-health technology and trends
12. Qualifications in online technologies
13. An interest in the health sector is highly desirable.
Applications should be sent by email, and include a CV plus a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria.
Please note that all applications will receive an automatic acknowledgment of receipt. Only candidates moving forward to interview stage will be contacted directly.
Further inquiries to Lyn West, HR Coordinator, 02 9263 9019.
This job is now expired.