Community Engagement Assistant
Sydney, New South Wales
Do you love the online space and online communities? Disney Interactive Worlds is a division of The Walt Disney Company offering localised support to players of our virtual world products across the globe. Disney Interactive Worlds is primarily focused on driving user engagement for Asia Pacific, supporting our various virtual world products including Club Penguin for kids 6-14 and providing exceptional Disney experiences to our users.
We currently have a unique permanent and full time opportunity for a Community Engagement Assistant to join our unique and dynamic team based in Ultimo. As a Community Engagement Assistant you will be responsible for ensuring that the online communities are safe and supported as well as engaging and interacting with these communities.
Responsibilities as a Community Engagement Assistant include but not limited to the following:
• Providing exceptional customer service in relation to general, billing and membership enquires over phone and email.
• Actively contributing to the fun and safety of our online communities to ensure our players and their parents have a positive user experience.
• Developing in game community engagement initiatives such as online acting and the development of online activities/events etc.
• Developing external community engagement initiatives such as v-blogs, blogging, moderation via social media channels etc.
• Proactively research and compile online trends, pop culture impacts and competitor analysis.
• Monitoring and reporting on in-game analytics to provide insight to current player trends and behaviour.
To be successful for this role you will ideally have:
• Minimum 12-18 months in a customer service position with the ability to demonstrate an outstanding customer service ethic.
• Tertiary qualifications in Media or a related field.
• Excellent communications skills- both written and verbal.
• A strong team player and contributor who embraces change, creativity and innovation.
• Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced, dynamic and deadline driven environment.
• Strong knowledge and interest in both local and global pop culture, social media, online communities and gaming.
• A genuine interest in the safety of children.
This is a rare opportunity for a committed, energetic and passionate individual to build a career at one of the world’s most respected entertainment brands. If you are a big kid at heart then apply now with a cover letter and CV.
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory results from background verification.