Communications and Publicity Manager
Sydney, New South Wales
COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLICITY MANAGER
VICE is an international media company with offices in over 27 countries and a growing portfolio of media properties that include VICE Music, VICE Films, Virtue Worldwide (our creative agency arm) and VICE Magazine.
For more information visit our websites at vice.com and virtueworldwide.com
VICE is looking for an experienced publicist with a folio brimming with of great results. They’ll have the nation covered, with a wide range of established, fruitful relationships with editors, news desks and key writers across both short and long lead media.
They’ll also have a sound understanding, and proven experience, with online media. Key areas of expertise must cover Tech and Lifestyle - as well as Art, Music, Fashion, Film and Culture.
The right person will also have experience dealing directly with clients and managing communicative and productive relationships there. The new addition to the family will be teamed with VICE’s Communications Manager, working on a part-time basis (2-3 days per week) with a view to ongoing employment.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum four to five years in an environment working in a PR company, directly with clients, media and all key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Deep knowledge of culture, media, marketing and technology required.
- An extensive black book of press and media contacts and existing relationships within the industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
This position would preferably be based in Sydney, but we will consider placing this position in Melbourne for the right person.
VICE offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package, commensurate with experience and abilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a detailed cover letter and resume via The Loop.
This job is now expired.