- Do you want to travel Australia, filming some of the most
exciting outdoor adventure videos, in the country’s most scenic and wild regions?
- Sick of the mundane side of the film/TV industry and want
to kick start a career of doing what you love while travelling?
4WD Action, Australia’s largest and most recognized 4WD,
camping, and outdoor leisure productions are seeking a young, passionate camera
operator to join our DVD production and filming team.
This role will see you jumping in a 4WD every few weeks,
travelling to Australia’s most scenic and exciting hotspots, like Cape York,
Tasmania, the Vic High Country, and Arnhem Land, to shoot, and help produce
movie-length travel DVDs for an ever-expanding audience of 4WDers. Your hard
work will be seen by over 350,000 passionate outdoor audience every single
issue – if you want a rewarding career creating the most exciting content
you can buy – this job is for you!
Unique opportunity - you’ll get to be involved in every step
of the creation of 4WD Action DVDs;
- Pre-production, including researching and organising
campsites, tracks, guides, permits etc.
- Planning and assisting with creative ideas and angles for
- Shooting 4WDing, camping, scenic and lifestyle footage on
- Shooting commercial content on location
- Planning, building, and editing all footage into an
exciting, relevant and easy to follow story line
The right candidate will be given the opportunity and
relevant training to become the Head Producer of the DVD. We are big believers
in career development – and no career opportunity comes bigger than travelling
Australia for a living, producing incredible DVDs!
The right candidate will;
- Be a keen outdoor adventurer. The role will involve plenty
of travel, 4WDing, camping. We live and breathe this lifestyle, and the right
candidate will have a desire to do so too.
- Have experience operating professional camcorders
- Have the ability to think commercially and shoot sharp,
tight commercial content
Technical skills/equipment required;
- Have proficient skills with Apple computers, Adobe
Premiere and basic knowledge of Adobe Audition.
- Should be familiar with all basic filming techniques and
manual settings to frame and expose a shot according to the mood and surrounds.
It’s a bonus if;
- The candidate has their own Camera & kit. Must be a
Prosumer to Professional Camcorder with the ability to record digitally in FULL
HD. Need to have at least one XLR audio input as well as a professional top mic
- No DSLR as we are often handheld. Own Tripod - Fluid head, tilt and pan,
Video tripod is also desirable.
- Knowledge of the SONY PXW-FS7 is a bonus.- Drone operation experince is a bonus.
All training will be provided on the job as you work. A
passion for 4WDing or the outdoor lifestyle would be considered a plus.
The role is based in our Silverwater, NSW offices and is a
Monday-Friday role, other than times you are travelling for DVD trips. We are a
modern, flexible workplace where hard work and drive are rewarded, and with a
culture of actively promoting from within.