Call for Artist Submissions - Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2013
Perth, Western Australia
We invite you to submit an application for the 9th annual Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe which is being held from 8 – 25 March 2013. Last year over 250,000 people attended the exhibition during the 3 week exhibition period and we sold over 30% of the outdoor works.
Submission forms can be downloaded from our website.
Please note that the deadline for all submissions is 6pm, Friday 27 July 2012.
Artist support and subsidies for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2013 will include:
• The Town of Cottesloe sculpture acquisition of up to $40,000 for permanent display in the township;
• Site specific artist subsidies to a total value of $10,000 to be distributed to selected artists;
• The $5,000 Andrea Stretton Memorial Invitation to Sculpture by the Sea, Bondi 2012;
• Aluminum material sponsorship to be distributed to eligible Western Australian artists, provided by Alcoa; and
• The $1,500 Sculpture Inside Curators Award.
In submitting your entry to Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2013 please note:
• Important changes to previous Application Forms are marked with an asterisk (*);
• It can be difficult for the curatorial panel to assess your submission if you do not express your ideas clearly and succinctly with all the requested information;
• Provide supporting material including your CV and images of similar previous works; and
• While we sell a couple of sculptures for over $100,000 each year, we would like to encourage artists to consider exhibiting more modest works, especially if you are not known to the Perth market as the overwhelming majority of sales of works are priced below $50,000.
The deadline for submissions is 6pm, Friday 27 July 2012.
If you have any questions regarding the enclosed information please contact Julian Pereira, Exhibition Coordinator, on +(61.2) 8399 0233 or email.
We look forward to receiving your submission for Sculpture by the Sea, Cottesloe 2013.
This job is now expired.