CHIEF SUB EDITOR - PREVENTION
Sydney, New South Wales
Based at Media City in Eveleigh and reporting to the Editor, this position requires extensive senior sub-editing experience in magazines. As Chief Sub-Editor, you'll be a champion of the Prevention brand and tone, displaying solid editorial and people-management skills. You will also possess a thorough knowledge of the magazine production process, providing final sign-off on all pages, proofs and dyelines.
The right candidate will have:
- An exceptional grasp of grammar
- Encyclopaedic spelling skills
- A keen eye for style, accuracy and consistency
- The ability to write smart, engaging heads, sells, copy and captions
- A proven track record managing multiple deadlines and overseeing a busy subs' desk
- Experience setting up traceable systems of editing, fact-checking and proof-reading to ensure the highest standards of accuracy and quality
- We're looking for an excellent communicator and highly organised manager who thrives under pressure. Past experience as a Chief Sub-Editor is a must, as is a passion for magazines, as well as a strong interest in fitness, nutrition and health.
Pacific Magazines is a part of Seven West Media.
Applications close 22 June 2012.
This job is now expired.