Sydney, New South Wales
- Manage satellite and other circuit bookings for TV and Radio Broadcast Operations, to ensure continuity of on air and production services is maintained.
- Research and establish workflows and procedures in ScheduALL to manage the operational allocation of on air circuits, satellite transponders and other systems.
- Assist in the provision of training for colleagues including writing training notes and quick reference guides.
- Provide occasional cover for on air operations staff as required, to a minimum level.
- Actively promote the ABC Values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Equity & Diversity and OHS.
1. High level knowledge of leased satellite circuits, terrestrial lines and associated processes and switching systems.
2. High level knowledge of ScheduALL and related system modules.
3. Strong knowledge and experience in News and Live to air broadcast procedures and systems.
4. Ability to organize work and plan resource usage in a cost effective manner with particular reference to deadlines.
5. Ability to maintain a high level client service focus, dealing with users of the service in a diplomatic and helpful way.
6. Can report ideas and information in a straightforward manner, both clearly and accurately.
7. Willingness to share and learn skills within the department and contribute to a team environment.
8. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Equity & Diversity and OHS.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on how to apply visit Application Tips
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position
Closing date: 24 Jun 2012