Audio Engineer Specialist
Sydney, New South Wales
ABC Classic FM is looking for an energetic, experienced audio engineer to record music and content for broadcast and online delivery. This is an opportunity to join a team committed to bringing the best of Australian classical music performance to ABC listeners and expanding our online activities.The position is based in Sydney.
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Record and engineer music, live broadcasts and other program segments primarily for ABC Classic FM and its online activities, occasionally for wider ABC activities.
• Working with ABC Classic FM program teams, extend the uses of web based technology and new media systems to enhance the experience of classical music for ABC listeners.
• As part of broadcast teams, contribute to overall station operation, production and program quality to enhance station output including online.
• In consultation with colleagues and Network staff, coordinate engineering and broadcast requirements for ABC Classic FM and other platforms as required.
• Provide a contact point for operational problem solving.
• Offer support, assistance and training to other ABC Classic FM program and content makers for new technologies including online systems.
• Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
1. Appropriate educational qualifications or industry equivalent.
2. An advanced knowledge of sound recording principles, practices and techniques with particular focus on music recording and associated online content.
3. Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of digital audio recording, mixing and editing systems as applied to music.
4. A working knowledge of radio production techniques, broadcast studio operation and online content creation with an awareness of new developments in these areas.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in software based audio editing and mastering for broadcast and online, with strong computer literacy skills.
6. Familiar with the aims and output of ABC Classic FM on air and online.
7. Working knowledge and experience in the setup of studio and outside broadcasts, including all OH&S standards and safe manual handling procedures.
8. Has an appreciation of a range of musical genre including classical music; the ability to read or follow a musical score.
9. An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
• Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
• Applicants must address the selection criteria.
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer. ?The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position.
9 Sep 2012 11:55pm Aus. Eastern Standard Time
This job is now expired.