Who we are:
We are Daily Press Group, a design, signage and print company based in Rosebery. Our design work is quite diverse ranging from small print collateral to large displays, signage and digital media. Our customer base varies from small independent businesses to clubs and hotels as well as retail and real estate.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who can work within our team, take a project from start to finish, work to creative brief and consistently provide excellent work within tight deadlines. We are also looking for a competent candidate who can also work autonomously when required.
• Outstanding design and creative skills with an emphasis on layout and publication design.
• A professional, yet personable, client manner
• A high level of proficiency in Adobe CS (especially Indesign) on a Mac platform
• A high level of printing and production knowledge
• Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, Flash and Dreamweaver would be an advantage
• Knowledge of the Oomph iPad app platoform would be an added advantage
This is a full time position and renumeration will be based on skills and experience.
If you believe that you would be suited to this position, we would love to receive your application. As this is an immediate start, no consideration will be made of any application without a PDF cover letter, resume and design portfolio or a link to your portfolio website. Email: kady @ dailypress.com.au (no spaces)
KAS Mid-Level Graphics Designer Job Position
KAS is a leading homewares brand focused on design. We are seeking an experienced Mid-Level Graphic Designer for full time position and for immediate start to join our talented team. KAS is a homewares brand that designs full coordinated collections of soft furnishings products in Australia and sells to stores nationally and internationally.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Mid-Level Graphic Designer at KAS, you will be amongst a friendly team that thrive on challenges, and are passionate about design. We are currently searching for an individual who performs well in a team environment, has enormous enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude. A minimum of 2-3 years in Graphic design experience in a similar role within a creative design company is essential. This role is busy, and challenging. It demands a highly efficient and organised person with a real eye for detail; the ability to prioritise, with excellent Mac computer operator skills and the ability to time manage and prioritise work.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 2-3 years experience within Graphics Design.
• Portfolio demonstrating brand, design, print, digital and social media projects
• Ability to colour correct / re-touch product, action and lifestyle photography to a high level
• Able to take a project from initial briefing through to completion
• Good proof checking skills
• Proficient skills with In design, Illustrator and Photoshop (CS5 and above) software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Some digital experience is required and is a massive bonus for this role.
• Strong typographic skills required for each project.
• Strong time management skills and organisational skills
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to colour correct and re-touching product packaging (back of pack).
• Work on front end website graphics design changes.
• Assist marketing manager on social media projects and marketing promotional material such as EDM’s/Magazine ads/Print ads.
• Ensure completion of projects which you have been assigned to is completed on time.
• The role will also involve communicating and assisting the sales team with all graphical requests.
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to express yourself and your work eloquently and concisely, both verbally and via email
• Confident working under the pressure of timelines and responsibility
• Energetic, meticulous and caring
• Great work ethic and desire to deliver premium work
The above list is the required criteria for the role. Please send a PDF, of 5 examples of work along with CV and references.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted