Penguin Random House, the world's first truly global publishing company, is looking for a Publicist to join our Publicity team in Melbourne.
This is an opportunity to be part of a truly creative and collaborative environment at one of Australia's most dynamic publishers. You will have a passion for books and reading, and have a keen interest in, and superior knowledge of, Australian new and emerging media.
In this role you will develop, implement and manage PR campaigns for some of Australia's best-known authors incorporating integrated media strategies across a range of platforms.
The range of communications requirements is broad, including press releases and phone pitching, content marketing, and organising and managing author tours, events and appearances. This role calls for a clear thinker who can manage multiple projects and has exceptional communication and organisational skills.
The successful applicant will have TWO TO THREE YEARS EXPERIENCE as a publicist, preferably in the Arts and a strong understanding of print, broadcast and online media, both national and regional and \ experience in delivering high quality, targeted publicity campaigns.
Please note due to the high number of applicants we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet all required criteria will be contacted.
Sydney Tools is Australia’s number one online retailer for household and professional powertool brands such as Makita, Milwaukee, Hitachi, Dewalt, Bosch and many more..
We Are Searching For:
We are searching for a passionate Graphic Designer
Our projects range from designing brands, logos, banners, catalogues, weekly EDM's, TV commercials, Web Design and engaging with our internal website developer to create and maintain designs for multiple websites. Capture, and edit videos, and images.
The Skills Required:
· Proficient in Adobe CS (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are a must,)
. Experience in After Effects is desirable
· A grade attitude - Always striving to achieve industry best standards with a great thirst for knowledge on leading design and trends globally
· An all round balanced portfolio demonstrating varied work, including brand and identity, typography, print and digital
· Working knowledge of print production
· Exposure to social media projects desirable but not necessary
· Experience with photography desirable but not necessary
· Collaborative approach to concept work and ideation
· Take a project from initial brief through finished art
· Attention to detail, especially when under pressure.
· Share an opinion on a design
· Display hard working ethics and remain self-motivated
· Work closely with marketing and managers on daily workflow
· Respect deadlines and work consistently
· Friendly, approachable and thoughtful with an awesome sense of humour
· Amazing communication skills, explain something to a non-designer quickly and with patience
· An exciting blend of a vibrant start-up environment and professional operations in our office.
· Opportunity to play a significant role in enabling the development of our growing corporate portfolio.
- Build your skill set by working alongside, junior, medium, and senior graphic designers, and program coding developers
- Progressive and rewarding environment
- Ample on-site parking
Campus Living Villages (CLV) is the leading provider of on-campus student accommodation in Australia. With over 45,000 beds owned, managed or under development across Australia, the United States, United Kingdom and New Zealand, CLV has an extensive track record for creating quality, purpose-built facilities and managing exciting student communities around the globe.
A new and exciting opportunity exists in our Australian business within our Sydney Corporate Office, for the role of a Global Web Developer to join the team on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing, the Global Web Developer will be responsible for designing and developing web applications to ensure that CLV's digital platforms deliver an optimal user experience in order to increase conversion rates and therefore occupancy at CLV Villages. The role will also be responsible for domain administration, ensuring all CLV registered domains are correctly configured and redirections are implemented as required.
Key areas of the role include:Graphic design of website elements for use in website development and enhancement projects.Implement measures and monitor website security and user access to ensure CLV digital assets remain secure.Ensure all CLV website designs are mobile responsive to ensure optimal user experience on all devices.Maintain CLV's global suite of registered domains and coordinate renewal when required.Implement domain redirects as necessary and ensure all active domains are targeted to current websites.Support and comply with prevailing legislation, including health & safety, data protection, human resources and privacy.
Essential criteria for this role include the following experience and skills
CLV offers an attractive total fixed remuneration (TFR) which includes employer superannuation contributions and short term incentives.