Account manager/project manager
Toben is a small creative-led studio for branding, design and art direction, with a great ambition to produce outstanding work. We are looking for a kick-ass Account Manager with 4-5 years experience to step into a dynamic role which also encompasses project management and some sales activity.
You will be managing our client's needs towards effective creative outcomes, in a way that is balanced with our business goals. Internally, you will be working with our designers, creative director and directors; and report to the latter two.Qualifications
- A minimum of 4-5 years of account management experience in a branding/design studio. Must have strategic brand management experience
- Project management experience in branding and across print and web projects
- Spotless communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: Indesign (preparation of proposals and studio documents), Microsoft Excel, ideally Xero
- Good general knowledge of design & typography, as well as art, culture and lifestyle markets
- You are a great communicator: articulate, poignant, comfortable in a boardroom, and efficient and motivating within the studio
- You are a strategic thinker
- ou have a great eye for detail
- Have great interpersonal skills: you are approachable, friendly, honest, client-centric and can read between the lines
- Have a fair share of emotional intelligence, common sense, and a well rounded general knowledge
- Are resilient, driven and goal-oriented
- Have good judgement: you're weighing out pros and cons and know when to involve whom in the studio to achieve best results
- Are motivated, proactive and interested
- Are independent and confident, as well as being a great team player
- Have leadership qualities and bring out the best in people and their work
- Ongoing client and strategic management: understanding our client's needs and defining solutions for those needs
- Establishing of projects (including proposals/outlines and budgeting)
- Representing the client's voice throughout the design process
- Fiscal responsibilities: forecasting, reporting
- Working with directors to develop sales leads and sales activities
- Flowing jobs into the studio
- Managing cost, time scope and quality throughout
- Shaping and defining operations and your role
Please email to hello[at]toben.com.au with the subject 'Account Manager Application'.
We will be in touch with you within two weeks, possibly earlier.
Please do not follow up on your application as we are running a busy studio. We will look at every application in detail.
- A cover letter, outlining key selection criteria and motivation
- Your professional CV
- References (from Management as well as Creative/Art Director)
Toben is an established independent design studio for brand development, art direction, and design across print and digital. As a multi-disciplinary studio we are know for conceptual solutions, a European design influence, a playful artistic approach and refined crafted designs. We are passionate about the meaningful and the unique – about the merging of strategy and design thinking with visual culture to define and enrich brands.
We value strong client relationships that allow us to dynamically develop and collaborate on strong ideas. Our clients span across various sectors that mainly communicate with culture-savvy audiences. Some of our previous clients include: Museum of Contemporary Art Sydney, Art Series Hotel Group and all the group's hotels, Powerhouse Museum, CarriageWorks, Door121 and Country Culture Australia.
We are very dedicated workers but a fun bunch who love a good Arnold impersonation, mis-shaped experimentations and a good hackle over an afternoon sugar rush.